Thursday, February 10

Everything But the Bag

I will admit, freely, that for my first job I worked at one of the largest chain retailers of prep-wear: Gap, Inc. (Only for about 5 months, after that I quit to work at Hot Topic--which isn't much better commercialism wise.) One of the best reasons to work at Gap, one that almost makes me wish I still worked there (almost), is the discount. Face it, people teenagers work there solely for the discount 80% of the time. Damn good discount too. So I do have a lot of Gap wear in my closet and around. Not just the normal clothing; I have boxers, shoes, billfold, leather coat, etc. etc. My most coveted purchase (other than the coat) is my Gap bag. It's a messenger-style bag, made of soft bluish-grey cotton. Larger than most bags of that type. And it has 7 different compartments that I utilize on a regular basis, each section holding a different type of item or group of items. But over the last few months, this organization managed to get blown out the window. So now, here I am, with the entirety of contents dumped on my bed. I am ready to organize. But first, I feel it important to eternalize the contents of the unclean bag through the wonders of blog.

• Movie Tickets: Alien vs. Predator, Stepford Wives, The Forgotten, Taxi, 13 Going On 30, Resident Evil: Apocalypse, Phantom of the Opera, Exorcist: the Beginning, Blade Trinity, Ocean's 12
• Bus Passes: May, June, July, August 2004, 3 day-passes from January 2005
• Frequent Buyer Cards (not in wallet): Pakmail, Cafe Paridiso, Hot Topic
• two floppy discs
• a bag of cough drops
• two packets of Swiss Miss
• a huge bottle of Aleve
• empty mint tin with 1 breath strip and 1 Lactaid
• Digital Camera
• Hair thingy with stick, blue hair clip, pink butterfly bobby pin
• two pairs of gloves
• one knit cap
• empty Banco de Gaia cd case
• two dimes
• four paperclips
• a heaping handful of paper beads
• a tube of beading needles
• two papers with Clinique perfume samples
• one AA battery
• assorted biz cards for myself, friends
• journal handmade from Monopoly board
• a whole mess of bank receipts, notices, and random notes/papers
• nine receipts
• three pieces of unopened mail
• coupons for Carls Jr., McDonalds, Burger King
• red fabric pouch with small vial of Dr. Vortex's Amazing Mind Medicine, red
• small blue plastic triceratops, named Xulari
• decoupaged cigarette tin with more biz cards, Immodium AD, a small handcarved Bastet figure, and a silver lizard pendant
• a rusy pipe, pencil size
• home keys, mailbox key, and store keys
• sunglasses and prescription glasses
• mango mandarin lotion
• one piece of gum
• three rings, two necklaces, one button pin
• two lip balms, two lip glosses, three lipsticks, mascara, five eyeliners (3 black, 1 blue, 1 liquid blue), two bottles of nailpolish
• comb
• mini swiss army knife with photon light on key ring
• portable flash hard drive
• empty plastic sandwich bag
• ankh collar with chains
• four black pens

So, ummm, yeah. Glad I got all that out of the way. Now to toss the shite and put the rest back in the bag, or at least find a spot on my desk to heap some of it. Two dimes? All I got for my effort was 20 cents? No fair, I was hoping for a quarter.

1 comment:

M. Here said...

freya, i used to do the same thing, transfering the essentials bag to bag. but somewhere in the last few months i got too lazy to stay organized enough to do that quickly. but that's where i am now at least! now if only my rarely used coats *did* contain a twenty... ;)

 

scientology.org

xenu.net