Thursday, September 14

Experiments in CL, Chat #1

I'm not one for publicly defacing people. Most anyone involved in the popular Craigslist.com site know about the whole sex-ad scandal by now. I'm not going to get into that here; the debate about that guy's ethics is already raging. But when I ended the chat with this girl from CL, I knew that it would provide some entertainment for others. Does that mean I have low self esteem and need to insult others to make myself feel better? No, it means that I am amused by people who hippocriticaly insult others, and am masochistic enough to sit through six hours of conversation that simultaneously murders the English language and makes me question the type of people out there who own their own business.

I recently found the website listpic, which takes CL ads that contain pictures and makes them browsable by said pics. So I'm going through the sections (aww, nothing naughty yet! /pout) just to see what's what. I don't reply to many CL ads, but when I do the person must've said something that really struck a cord in me. And one ad I read did:

I just moved to Oregon, and I'm looking for some girls that have many of my same interests, are intelligent, would like to go out and shop, and party sometimes. I'm not a girly girl in the least bit, but it is difficult to get my boyfriend to come shopping with me, let alone sit with me while I go to the nail place, so a female companion would be nice.

My interests include: animals (especially felines), books (Harry Potter), movies (Harold and Kumar go to White Castle, Ghost World), clubs, music (Marilyn Manson, OTEP). I love Sex and the City; it would be cool to have a situation like that, but not necessarily mimicking those particular characters, because I know I don’t fit into any of those stereotypes. I look forward to hearing from those of you that are UNIQUE, and not afraid of a more alternative lifestyle. If you are genuinely interested in meeting some new girl friends, SERIOUS INQUIRIES and like souls please contact me. NO flakes or party animals please. Thanks.
What grabbed me about her ad was that she's into a range of things, like Harry Potter and Otep. Not many girls are into Otep (I think she rocks!); her music is pretty rough, even by metal standards. So given that she did indeed have a range of interests similar to my own, but seemed to be very open minded and mature, I wrote her a reply and included one of my chat screen names. Yesterday she started messaging me. Below are exerpts from the chat with her. Snide, condescendingly sarcastic edits are mine, and essentially what I would have been muttering under my breath. I know it's long, I'm sorry. I just can't help but post it. >:)

Note: If the text size is too small for you, and you're using Firefox (like you should be) you can press ctrl + (that's "control" and "plus sign") to enlarge the text; ctrl - (minus sign) to bring it back down. If you're using Internet Explorer: first off, ewww! Why?! ;) Second, there should be a text size option in the "View" menu.

[12:34] naughtymerrick: What are you up to?
[12:34] StUpIdGiRl: um well absolutely nothing really (She has a lot of imagination)
[12:34] StUpIdGiRl: waiting for someone to call me with a job
[12:34] StUpIdGiRl: so that i can get some money in my hot hands
[12:34] naughtymerrick: Always nice :)
[12:34] naughtymerrick: What type of work do you do?
[12:34] StUpIdGiRl: um well
[12:35] StUpIdGiRl: ive been a receptionist
[12:35] StUpIdGiRl: i want an assistant job
[12:35] StUpIdGiRl: something in the real estate area would be cool too
[12:35] naughtymerrick: You've probably exhausted CL's listings, eh?
[12:36] StUpIdGiRl: eh not really too bad (No, I'm not asking if *you're* exhausted from looking)
[12:36] StUpIdGiRl: im currently working for 3 different temp agencies
[12:36] StUpIdGiRl: i figure i'll have a better chance of getting something that way (In other words, she's unemployed)
[12:36] naughtymerrick: Yeah, I can see that. It's tiring though :P
[12:36] StUpIdGiRl: yeah no kidding
[12:37] StUpIdGiRl: probably why im leaving the searching up to them (Unemployed and lazy)
[12:38] naughtymerrick: Job hunting is so hard; there seems to be a lot of jobs, and a lot of unemployed workers, but things rarely match up right
[12:38] StUpIdGiRl: well its hard when a resume doesnt do ppl justice
[12:38] naughtymerrick: That was always my issue too
[12:38] naughtymerrick: I want, like, a three page resume.
[12:39] StUpIdGiRl: i havent had much experience work related neway
[12:39] StUpIdGiRl: but ive had a lot of other school related experiences that make me more qualified than most ppl for the job (Oh, so she has no work experience, hence why her resumé doesn't do her justice)
[12:39] StUpIdGiRl: of course they won't see that unless they know me
[12:39] StUpIdGiRl: and im not one to have to prove myself to ppl
[12:40] StUpIdGiRl: im like, i know im better, i know im smarter, deal with it, if you hire me then you know how great i am (Oh, so that's what her resumé says? Yeah I'd hire her.)
[12:40] StUpIdGiRl: ha
[12:40] naughtymerrick: I think that's how half the people out there get promoted--even if they don't have skill, they have the attitude
[12:40] StUpIdGiRl: the type of ppl that are up here are just very very different from me
[12:41] StUpIdGiRl: that lack a certain amount of common sense to them, mostly it seems (Mostly it seems that...?)
[12:41] naughtymerrick: Hmm, really? I've only been here two months, and haven't interacted with many workin' folk
[12:42] StUpIdGiRl: i mean the west coast in general
[12:42] naughtymerrick: It's a better job market than Eugene, at least
[12:42] StUpIdGiRl: when i open my mouth the ppl are just like duuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuh (Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck yoooooouuuuuuuu)
[12:42] StUpIdGiRl: and plus they're all calm and laid back (It's the trees)
[12:42] naughtymerrick: What area are you from?
[12:43] StUpIdGiRl: its like living in on a tropical island (Sounds horrible!)
[12:43] StUpIdGiRl: it takes forever to get something done
[12:43] StUpIdGiRl: dallas/houston
[12:43] StUpIdGiRl: ive always been a fast worker anyway and add that the city life
[12:43] naughtymerrick: Ah; yes, definitely a different vibe in the Northwest
[12:43] StUpIdGiRl: ppl are so passive up here
[12:44] StUpIdGiRl: i feel like i belong in nyc or something
[12:44] StUpIdGiRl: ha (For the love of dogs, please stop laughing after everything you say!!!)
[12:44] naughtymerrick: It is hard to adapt to a different environment like that, especially if you're a fast-paced person
[12:45] StUpIdGiRl: yes where up here it takes hours upon hours just to get your food at a restaurant (Where the hell are you eating? Surely not somewhere fancy where it really does take over an hour to prepare a meal)
[12:45] naughtymerrick: But I guess that's why the East coast has all the financial businesses, and we have the casual tech companies (Because laid-back techies own and run the businesses financial people in NYC invest in)
[12:45] StUpIdGiRl: apparently
[12:46] StUpIdGiRl: its just when it comes to school or work
[12:46] StUpIdGiRl: im serious and professional
[12:46] StUpIdGiRl: i want to get my task done and over with
[12:46] StUpIdGiRl: so that i can get home (Trust me, everyone wants you to go home, too)
[12:46] StUpIdGiRl: ha
[12:47] naughtymerrick: People are slow to adapt to anything, really
[12:47] StUpIdGiRl: meh i have the attitude if you dont want me then its your loss (I don't want you. You go away = I win!)
[12:48] StUpIdGiRl: your competitor will do just fine with me
[12:48] naughtymerrick: Well you'll surely find a good employer soon that needs someone like you :)
[12:49] StUpIdGiRl: i dont agree, in the business world, ppl want to make money, they want someone that will make more money for them, i step up ppl's performance, and make the company more productive
[12:49] naughtymerrick: Yeah, but not everyone needs someone new to come in and "kick things up"
[12:50] StUpIdGiRl: i suppose if you dont like money
[12:50] naughtymerrick: And if you're new, it will likely be seen more as an intrusion than a helpful thing
[12:50] StUpIdGiRl: but if you are in business
[12:50] StUpIdGiRl: you need money
[12:50] StUpIdGiRl: and you like money (Because the concept of doing business because you enjoy your company and what you do is just *absurd*)
[12:51] naughtymerrick: You need to get into doing personal assistant work; the people who need help in organizing their work lives like that would love you
[12:51] StUpIdGiRl: no i just need to start my own throat cut business (throat cut?)
[12:51] StUpIdGiRl: and ill be fine
[12:52] naughtymerrick: What would you be offering?
[12:52] StUpIdGiRl: its not really an offering kind of business (Seriously? Your business would offer nothing?)
[12:52] naughtymerrick: No, what services would you be offering?
[12:52] StUpIdGiRl: its big capital big profit (That's not a business concept)
[12:52] StUpIdGiRl: no services
[12:52] naughtymerrick: Then what is your product?
[12:53] StUpIdGiRl: in the real estate market
[12:53] naughtymerrick: Ah
[12:53] naughtymerrick: Then your service would be finding real estate for people to buy?
[12:53] naughtymerrick: Unless you are owning the buildings or land yourself, and selling them to people?
[12:53] StUpIdGiRl: nope it wouldnt
[12:54] StUpIdGiRl: second one (Then you are "offering" to sell land and houses, which would be your "products")
[12:54] naughtymerrick: Ah
[12:54] naughtymerrick: Have you gone through any of the certification procedures yet?
[12:55] StUpIdGiRl: its not that kind of business (You just said it was selling real estate; that requires a license)
[12:55] StUpIdGiRl: its purely hiring out those types of things
[12:55] StUpIdGiRl: its a form of investing (That's not a product! It's a service!)
[12:55] naughtymerrick: Wait, what are you hiring out?
[12:56] StUpIdGiRl: labor, realtors, brokers, accountants
[12:56] StUpIdGiRl: etc
[12:56] naughtymerrick: People are not products though
[12:57] naughtymerrick: Providing people to do particular jobs for an individual or business is a service
[12:57] StUpIdGiRl: oh gee thanks
[12:57] StUpIdGiRl: but i never said that
[12:59] naughtymerrick: Scroll up, you said "no services [...] [owning the buildings or land and selling them to people]
[12:59] StUpIdGiRl: i dont provide ppl
[12:59] naughtymerrick: Did I missunderstand you?
[12:59] StUpIdGiRl: i provide jobs (Then why'd you say you'd sell land and buildings?!)
[12:59] StUpIdGiRl: yes you are
[12:59] StUpIdGiRl: contract temporary jobs (Because realtors don't already work for themselves)
[12:59] naughtymerrick: Ah, okay, so you are the employer hiring people to do building, accounting, etc.
[13:00] StUpIdGiRl: the business hiring them to do so
[13:00] StUpIdGiRl: yes
[13:00] naughtymerrick: Oh okay
[13:01] naughtymerrick: Good luck; it sounds like an interesting business (Who the fuck would infest in your "business"? I could flesh out a better business plan with 7 shots of vodka in me.)
[13:01] StUpIdGiRl: i suppose
[13:03] StUpIdGiRl: how old are you?
[13:03] naughtymerrick: 22
[13:03] StUpIdGiRl: quite young for some that thinks they know it all eh?
[13:03] naughtymerrick: No, never said I know it all
[13:03] naughtymerrick: I simply know business
[13:04] StUpIdGiRl: first of all you didnt need to say it (That means *you* think I *do* know everything! Thanks!)
[13:04] naughtymerrick: Besides, you are younger than me
[13:04] StUpIdGiRl: and that matters because?
[13:04] naughtymerrick: Apparently my age matters to you (and if I am too young to know everything, how does your knowledge compare?)
[13:04] StUpIdGiRl: how exactly do you know business when you work out of your home?
[13:04] StUpIdGiRl: and didn't you say something about money problems?
[13:05] naughtymerrick: Because I did business competition in highschool, and have been running two businesses since I graduated
[13:05] naughtymerrick: And no, I didn't
[13:06] StUpIdGiRl: um proof (My "proof" is awards I've recieved in competition, and magazines with my work—both graphic design and jewelry—in them.)
[13:06] StUpIdGiRl: "We've since lost our vehicle and rely on public transport until money has been saved after the move"
[13:07] StUpIdGiRl: wow apparently you are just full of lies
[13:16] naughtymerrick: It's not that we have money problems, but simply that moving is expensive and so are cars/gas/insurance, hence we're waiting until things are stable (moved up to make more sense)
[13:12] naughtymerrick: Honestly, I wasn't trying to sound like I know everything, I was just trying to a)understand what your goals were and b)engage you in conversation
[13:12] naughtymerrick: I've been involved in business since early highschool, so it is an interesting topic to me
[13:12] StUpIdGiRl: well a)it was disrespectul b)i dont really care to share my career goals with strangers (Mmm, mocking. Dericious!)
[13:13] naughtymerrick: Then why did you?
[13:13] StUpIdGiRl: you hit a nerve, i had to finish it
[13:13] naughtymerrick: Okay, well, apologies for having offended you
[13:13] StUpIdGiRl: and i didn't, it was a very general goal (Very, very general business involving no products or services, but providing things and selling things...)
[13:13] StUpIdGiRl: thx
[13:15] naughtymerrick: Well, now you know that I meant no offense or know-it-allness, and that I was simply interested in business
[13:15] naughtymerrick: Again, sorry for hitting a nerve
[13:15] StUpIdGiRl: its alright
[13:17] StUpIdGiRl: there are just things about the way i am, ive had many experiences in my life, that have basically made me a 45 year old woman in the mind, i tend to hang out with ppl in there late 20s and 30s due to the mere fact they i cannot stand immature ppl (You mean people like you?)
[13:18] StUpIdGiRl: i dont like ppl no matter how old or young giving me advice when it was not wanted or asked for (Funny, I thought I was asking professional questions...)
[13:18] StUpIdGiRl: hanging around lots of drunk older ppl its something the younger crowd gets alot (Oh, *those* mature people. The drunk ones. Right.)
[13:18] StUpIdGiRl: when im sitting there thinking i knew more about life at 11 than you will know in your entire life (Oh, is that what you were thinking? Your knowledge of real estate business practices has definitely wowed me.)
[13:19] StUpIdGiRl: ppl are just very selfish and closed minded to the world around them especially the ppl (Again: people like you, right?)
[13:19] StUpIdGiRl: i watch, and learn
[13:19] StUpIdGiRl: i understand, i make note of the details, its all in the details (Details like spelling, punctuation, grammar, capitalization...)
[13:20] naughtymerrick: I understand; I've hung out with a lot of older people too and they do love to give advice
[13:20] StUpIdGiRl: advice that is wrong, and from someone thats normal (Because older people that have lived longer than you can't possibly have experienced more, Miss *Ab*normal)
[13:20] StUpIdGiRl: and normal isnt good
[13:21] StUpIdGiRl: im not the run of the mill average joe (Word.)
[13:24] StUpIdGiRl: so you can understand where im coming from then
[13:25] naughtymerrick: Definitely (Not at all, what the hell are you talking about?)
[13:25] naughtymerrick: I've always gravitated towards an older age group, since they are usually more mature and give me a lot of respect for the skills I have
[13:26] StUpIdGiRl: especially considering ive met one person my entire life time that agrees with me on everything (Shit, there's more than one?!)
[13:26] StUpIdGiRl: the skills you have? (Oops, I used another professional word)
[13:26] naughtymerrick: Yeah, my talents and abilities and whatnot
[13:27] naughtymerrick: Even though my friends usually have similar interests, we all appreciate that each of us has more expertise in one area or another. It's a network that I really appreciate.
[13:28] StUpIdGiRl: the only talent or ability i could think of that the youngsters wouldnt take seriously is sex related (Youngsters? Pay attention, girl who is one year younger than I; my friends are older than me)
[13:28] naughtymerrick: How so?
[13:29] StUpIdGiRl: well it seems to me that teens these days find it funny when sexual acts are mentioned
[13:29] StUpIdGiRl: out of the mere fact that they are immature
[13:29] StUpIdGiRl: and cannot understand the pure genius behind them
[13:29] naughtymerrick: Ha; I think being amused at sexual concepts is inherent in being young :)
[13:30] StUpIdGiRl: thats why i said, that is the only thing i could think of (related to my life anyway) that young ppl dont appreciate (As I'm sure you have had vast amounts of genius-level discussion regarding sex)
[13:30] StUpIdGiRl: or understand
[13:30] StUpIdGiRl: well aside from the obvious adult mind
[13:38] StUpIdGiRl: so are you married engaged non committed for life?
[13:38] naughtymerrick: "Commited relationship", as they say :)
[13:41] naughtymerrick: Are you in a relationship?
[13:41] StUpIdGiRl: yes
[13:41] StUpIdGiRl: so how long haveyou been together
[13:41] naughtymerrick: Just over a year; you?
[13:41] StUpIdGiRl: well it'll be 2 years that ive known him next month
[13:42] naughtymerrick: Hey, congrats :)
[13:42] StUpIdGiRl: but we only set a date to the beginning of our relationship like 8 months later
[13:42] StUpIdGiRl: so its been like 15 months
[13:42] StUpIdGiRl: yeah thx
[13:42] naughtymerrick: Eh, sometimes the exact "start" date doesn't really make a difference
[13:42] StUpIdGiRl: it does to us
[13:42] StUpIdGiRl: haha
[13:42] StUpIdGiRl: i'm a numbers person (Which is why she doesn't care to differentiate between "not dating" and "dating": the numbers matter!)
[13:43] StUpIdGiRl: and he remembers our annivesaries (numerous ones)
[13:43] StUpIdGiRl: better than i do (You *are* fond of numbers)
[13:43] naughtymerrick: lol, Well at least he remembers ;)
[13:43] StUpIdGiRl: haha yeah
[13:43] StUpIdGiRl: ill remember like days later
[13:43] StUpIdGiRl: and be like oops
[13:43] StUpIdGiRl: no wonder he's been acting funny that past few days
[13:44] naughtymerrick: aww
[13:44] StUpIdGiRl: yeah he's quite a few years my elder
[13:45] naughtymerrick: Oh?
[13:45] StUpIdGiRl: yeah 8 years
[13:45] StUpIdGiRl: anything older would be too much
[13:45] StUpIdGiRl: for family reasons etc
[13:46] naughtymerrick: Family can be like that, yeah
[13:46] StUpIdGiRl: well no more like, if we dont have kids till im 28 he'll be 36
[13:46] StUpIdGiRl: just a big difference when i have to be certain age to do something and he's way beyond that (Sez you, who are very open-minded and mature!)
[13:46] StUpIdGiRl: he doesnt look 29 or act that way to me
[13:47] StUpIdGiRl: so its all good
[13:47] naughtymerrick: No, 8 years is a really reasonable age difference (Honest)
[13:47] naughtymerrick: Especially considering that way back in the days, a much larger gap was acceptable
[13:47] StUpIdGiRl: eh, i wish he was at most 25 (She's very accepting of her "soul mate's" shortcomings)
[13:47] StUpIdGiRl: i look ahead to when we're really old
[13:48] StUpIdGiRl: being that i might be alone for a long time (because he left you *ages* ago)
[13:48] StUpIdGiRl: not something as likely with someone closer to my age (No, they'll tire of you too)
[13:48] naughtymerrick: True; it can be depressing to consider in the long-run
[13:48] StUpIdGiRl: yeah
[13:49] StUpIdGiRl: but then there's dying of a broken heart
[13:49] StUpIdGiRl: which apparently really does happen
[13:49] naughtymerrick: Definitely
[13:50] naughtymerrick: They say that women frequently outlive their male partners, but I don't think it's by much
[13:51] StUpIdGiRl: ive heard that as long as the partners are fairly close in age
[13:51] StUpIdGiRl: they one will pass mere months after the other
[13:59] StUpIdGiRl: so you dont know too much about what all there is to do in portland then?
[13:59] StUpIdGiRl: nightlife wise
[14:00] naughtymerrick: Theoretically; I have a lot of contacts that are into going out at night, but I have yet to do so myself
[14:00] StUpIdGiRl: ppl? (Note: professional term "contacts" = chat term "ppl")
[14:00] StUpIdGiRl: so they would take you out into portland?
[14:00] StUpIdGiRl: is that what you mean (Well fuck, I don't mean my prescription lenses)
[14:01] naughtymerrick: Yeah, friends that have been in the area longer than I
[14:01] StUpIdGiRl: ive been out into the city once
[14:02] naughtymerrick: Find much to do while you were there?
[14:02] naughtymerrick: I was kind of dissapointed with how early things close
[14:02] StUpIdGiRl: well i had my tour guides (Your *contacts*?!)
[14:02] StUpIdGiRl: they've been in portland like 4 + years now
[14:03] naughtymerrick: That's good; they know how to navigate then :)
[14:03] StUpIdGiRl: yeah
[14:03] StUpIdGiRl: i suppose
[14:03] StUpIdGiRl: we went bar hopping
[14:03] StUpIdGiRl: lots of 'hipsters' (Finally! I've been waiting for her to label people more!)
[14:04] StUpIdGiRl: not very many of those around the places i hung out in houston
[14:04] naughtymerrick: It is a very popular style here
[14:04] StUpIdGiRl: so ive notices
[14:04] StUpIdGiRl: *d
[14:04] naughtymerrick: Plus it's Portland, which is pretty much the "coolest", most fashion oriented town in Oregon
[14:04] StUpIdGiRl: not quite my style
[14:05] StUpIdGiRl: i really want to go up to seattle
[14:05] StUpIdGiRl: check out that scene (That's good, because they're not into fashion at all either)
[14:05] naughtymerrick: It's a really cool place
[14:05] StUpIdGiRl: hoping it'll be a bit darker
[14:05] naughtymerrick: More gothy, you mean?
[14:05] StUpIdGiRl: yeah
[14:05] StUpIdGiRl: something like that
[14:05] StUpIdGiRl: not so many posers
[14:05] StUpIdGiRl: trying to be individuals but ending up looking like everyone else
[14:05] naughtymerrick: lol, yeah
[14:06] StUpIdGiRl: which is basically the majority here
[14:06] StUpIdGiRl: lots of earthy hippies (I thought Portland was full of hipsters...)
[14:06] StUpIdGiRl: low key
[14:06] StUpIdGiRl: potheads etc (Lazy stoners! They must be *eating* you food and making you a new dish; that's why it takes so long!) (Mmm, pot.)
[14:06] naughtymerrick: Well Seattle's pretty similar in that regard; at least when I've been there it seemed so
[14:07] StUpIdGiRl: well i really think it depends on the ppl that show you around (So your tour guides/friends are hipsters themselves and hence only showed you hipsters?)
[14:07] naughtymerrick: I dunno, it's hard to escape people being so focused on fitting into any particular culture
[14:07] StUpIdGiRl: i'm beginning to think the entire country is the same (She's better than the whole of America now!)
[14:07] StUpIdGiRl: just at a different lad and long (It's "Lat", short for Lattitude)
[14:07] naughtymerrick: You're probably right on that account (idiot)
[14:07] StUpIdGiRl: im considering maybe nyc
[14:08] StUpIdGiRl: will be the best for me
[14:08] StUpIdGiRl: i know that when i went to houston, which is where my bf is from
[14:08] StUpIdGiRl: he brought me into a darker scene
[14:09] StUpIdGiRl: and i know that when i go into seattle which is where a couple of our bf's live (I can only assume she means "best friends"... Unless her mature boyfriend is poly and they have other mature boyfriends)
[14:09] StUpIdGiRl: they will too
[14:09] naughtymerrick: That's cool you have some contacts already
[14:09] StUpIdGiRl: yeah they're sort of from there
[14:10] StUpIdGiRl: they moved from the houston area back about a year ago
[14:10] StUpIdGiRl: although apparently they've broken up
[14:10] StUpIdGiRl: no too much matter though, they have a child together, they'll be bonded forever whether they like it or not
[14:10] naughtymerrick: Pretty much
[14:11] naughtymerrick: at least it sounds like they're still communicating with eachother
[14:11] StUpIdGiRl: the female half of the is fucking nuts
[14:11] StUpIdGiRl: so that could add to the problem
[14:11] StUpIdGiRl: ha
[14:11] naughtymerrick: ha, yeah (???)
[14:11] StUpIdGiRl: to be perfectly honest
[14:12] StUpIdGiRl: i havent been too happy with my oregon experience (No shit? I hadn't noticed.)
[14:12] naughtymerrick: that is fair; the area's not for everyone
[14:12] StUpIdGiRl: i always have high expectations that never get met
[14:14] naughtymerrick: I grew up in Eugene, and have always enjoyed the area and lifestyle here
[14:14] naughtymerrick: But yeah, definitely not for everyone
[14:14] StUpIdGiRl: yeah texas wasn't for me either
[14:14] StUpIdGiRl: but the place i grew up in pretty much was like california
[14:17] naughtymerrick: so when you say "something darker", are you referencing the goth/rock scene?
[14:17] StUpIdGiRl: just the type of ppl
[14:18] StUpIdGiRl: i woudn't say many ppl in this city no or like otep
[14:18] StUpIdGiRl: its more mainstream music trying to be unique (Otep is mainstream? Or the music here is mainstream?)
[14:18] naughtymerrick: yeah, they don't seem to be really well known, but people who like them seem to *really* like them
[14:19] StUpIdGiRl: well it just seems to me that 'darker souls' and deeper souls in seem to go hand and hand alot of the time (Is that what your gothic poetry book told you? Hand in hand?)
[14:19] StUpIdGiRl: where as the hipsters are normal souls trying to be deep (Heheh, "normal" souls)
[14:20] naughtymerrick: lol, Interesting interpretation
[14:21] StUpIdGiRl: i dont know any true hipsters
[14:21] StUpIdGiRl: not quite sure i want to though
[14:21] StUpIdGiRl: its just the overall vibe i get from that style
[14:21] naughtymerrick: no, that term tends to be applied to people who are a bit fake (Or cooler than you)
[14:21] StUpIdGiRl: it all depends on the individual
[14:21] StUpIdGiRl: what hipster?
[14:22] naughtymerrick: Yeah
[14:22] StUpIdGiRl: so ive noticed
[14:22] StUpIdGiRl: thats they way they were described to me
[14:22] StUpIdGiRl: we dont use that term in tx
[14:22] StUpIdGiRl: but neway
[14:22] StUpIdGiRl: a hipster is someone trying to look unique that ends up looking like everyone else
[14:22] StUpIdGiRl: ha
[14:22] naughtymerrick: It is very ironic
[14:22] StUpIdGiRl: quite hard to look unique in a world of billions
[14:23] naughtymerrick: Well, they say everything's been done before
[14:24] StUpIdGiRl: hard not to believe
[14:24] naughtymerrick: So the people that come up with something new tend to be pretty creative, and their new thing is always really crazy-seeming at first
[14:24] StUpIdGiRl: i just find the overall depth of ppl to be disappointing (You're telling me...)
[14:26] naughtymerrick: It can be
[14:26] StUpIdGiRl: always is
[14:26] StUpIdGiRl: human kind in general in america seems to be too involved in their own well being (And you are a shining example of being open and out there)
[14:27] naughtymerrick: Well, one can argue that such is human nature
[14:27] StUpIdGiRl: until proven otherwise
[14:27] naughtymerrick: We've definitely evolved into a more individual species, as versus community
[14:27] StUpIdGiRl: 1 out of 6 billion
[14:27] StUpIdGiRl: doesnt proven anything to me (What is that suppose to prove? What's it a statistic of? Are you using science now?)
[14:40] StUpIdGiRl: so what are you (Yes!)
[14:41] StUpIdGiRl: if we are going to categorize things (I *so* knew this was coming. I thought she'd get here faster though)
[14:41] naughtymerrick: How do you mean?
[14:41] StUpIdGiRl: prep, hipster, goth, fashionista, industrial
[14:41] naughtymerrick: Heheh, does just saying "I'm me" work?
[14:42] naughtymerrick: All of the above? I dunno, it's been a long time since I labeled myself
[14:43] StUpIdGiRl: i'm not much on labels (And yet you ask... and dislike others based on heresy of their "label")
[14:43] StUpIdGiRl: but it is nice to get an overall picture
[14:43] StUpIdGiRl: attached to the text
[14:43] naughtymerrick: Ah, that is fair (Superficial hippocrite)
[14:44] naughtymerrick: Typically, I'm pretty much whatever the social situation requires, as I have a really broadly ranged base of friends
[14:44] StUpIdGiRl: and........ (And?)
[14:44] StUpIdGiRl: ha
[14:45] StUpIdGiRl: into myspace at all?
[14:45] naughtymerrick: Eh, no. I can't really stand their parent company or business practices
[14:46] StUpIdGiRl: just an overall synopsis of a person
[14:46] StUpIdGiRl: like an interview (She's referencing the usefulness of labels here)
[14:46] StUpIdGiRl: ha
[14:46] naughtymerrick: Maybe you can see what I mean though; anymore, I'm not really "one" thing, moreso just a comglomerative chameleon of my favourites from what's out there
[14:52] StUpIdGiRl: this would be the crazy woman i spoke of early
[14:52] StUpIdGiRl: (Link to her MySpace)
[14:53] StUpIdGiRl: now she isn't typically the extreme i would hang out with it
[14:53] StUpIdGiRl: but it gives u an idea i suppose
[14:55] naughtymerrick: That woman is very very outgoing, huh? (Heavily tattooed and pierced, very hot in a vinyl corset :)
[14:56] StUpIdGiRl: no she's just crazy
[14:56] StUpIdGiRl: litterally
[14:56] StUpIdGiRl: the govt pays her
[14:56] StUpIdGiRl: shes the i need attention kind of girl
[14:56] StUpIdGiRl: i dont like that
[14:56] StUpIdGiRl: and she's a whore (Oooh, snap!)
[14:57] StUpIdGiRl: always wanting to make out and sleep with nething and everything
[15:00] naughtymerrick: Well if that's the lifestyle she's chosen, I'm sure she has a lot of friends (And by that I mean that she's more popular than you, and you hate it)
[15:00] naughtymerrick: Do you do myspace?
[15:00] StUpIdGiRl: yes
[15:00] StUpIdGiRl: before it was the cool ting
[15:00] StUpIdGiRl: *thing
[15:00] StUpIdGiRl: of course :-P
[15:01] naughtymerrick: Ha, yeah, that's another reason why I don't really like it; because people think it's the coolest thing ever
[15:02] StUpIdGiRl: well i can prove it (Prove that you were part of a network I dislike, thus making you cooler than all the posers who use it now?)
[15:02] StUpIdGiRl: im always close the top of everyone's friends list
[15:02] StUpIdGiRl: bc those were the earliest ppl to join (Is that really how it works?)
[15:02] naughtymerrick: Ah
[15:03] naughtymerrick: I wasn't doubting you; just saying that that's why I haven't hopped on board now
[15:03] StUpIdGiRl: ah
[15:03] naughtymerrick: So what's your "type"? (I ask only because I'd love to hear how she labels herself)
[15:04] StUpIdGiRl: haha well
[15:04] StUpIdGiRl: its changed
[15:04] StUpIdGiRl: i used to dress in a lot of black
[15:04] StUpIdGiRl: and i like the smokey eye look
[15:04] StUpIdGiRl: which i still do
[15:04] StUpIdGiRl: but after my bday shopping trip
[15:04] StUpIdGiRl: my style has changed a bit
[15:04] StUpIdGiRl: more current fashion (Oh, so you're a poser now, taking advantage of fashion trends?)
[15:04] StUpIdGiRl: and COLOR
[15:04] naughtymerrick: lol, Yeah, colour can be fun :)
[15:05] naughtymerrick: It goes well with black ;)
[15:05] StUpIdGiRl: haha
[15:05] StUpIdGiRl: i like pink black and white (Oh, so you're posing as an emo kid who shops at Hot Topic. Fabulous!)
[15:05] naughtymerrick: Most of my wardrobe is black or red
[15:06] naughtymerrick: I like to throw in colour with jewelry or accessories
[15:06] naughtymerrick: Pink is always fun with black
[15:07] StUpIdGiRl: im not a big jewelry person
[15:07] StUpIdGiRl: im trying though
[15:08] naughtymerrick: I've always been kind of a girly girl, so I'm big on accessorizing
[15:08] StUpIdGiRl: well i say im not a girly girl
[15:08] StUpIdGiRl: but im beginning to think otherwise
[15:08] StUpIdGiRl: ha
[15:08] naughtymerrick: Plus jewelry is half my business, so It's good to believe in what you sell and all
[15:08] StUpIdGiRl: i'm torn
[15:08] StUpIdGiRl: btwn to ashlee's (Sounds like more goth-emo poetry)
[15:09] naughtymerrick: It can be fun to be something more extreme every once in a while though (but you should know that if anyone you knew did that, you'd call them a poser)
[15:09] naughtymerrick: Just to play with it
[15:09] StUpIdGiRl: its always fun to get shocks out of ppl
[15:09] StUpIdGiRl: although i prefer to hang out with ppl that get the shocks
[15:09] StUpIdGiRl: instead of myself
[15:10] StUpIdGiRl: i have too much rage inside of me for that (RAGE! GRRRR!)
[15:10] naughtymerrick: Not one for being the center of attention?
[15:10] StUpIdGiRl: no i love that (I thought... nevermind)
[15:10] StUpIdGiRl: i just dont like conservative closed minded ppl that dont understand (Don't understand other people? Other cultures? Trends? Music? Lifestyles? Did I miss anything?)
[15:10] naughtymerrick: ah, yeah
[15:11] StUpIdGiRl: beyond their own dumb mind (heh)
[15:11] StUpIdGiRl: ha
[15:11] StUpIdGiRl: and i really really hate to hang out with insecure ppl
[15:12] StUpIdGiRl: for some reason they like to make marks on other ppl's character out of jealousy
[15:12] StUpIdGiRl: to somehow make themselves feel better (Becuase you didn't just dis the tattooed chick because of her lifestyle)
[15:12] naughtymerrick: true (That's why I can't stand you)
[15:12] StUpIdGiRl: its stupid, especially knowing they have nothing on me (Thanks goodness)
[15:12] StUpIdGiRl: ha
[16:11] naughtymerrick: What's your bf do?
[16:11] naughtymerrick: Go to college with you?
[16:11] StUpIdGiRl: he does various jobs (Read: unemployed as well)
[16:11] StUpIdGiRl: no not yet
[16:11] StUpIdGiRl: i'm going to try and start in the spring quarter
[16:12] StUpIdGiRl: and if he goes to college it'll be fall
[16:12] naughtymerrick: same major as you?
[16:12] StUpIdGiRl: maybe
[16:12] StUpIdGiRl: no
[16:12] StUpIdGiRl: actually i dont know (You've been with this guy "two years" and you don't know his major?)
[16:12] StUpIdGiRl: he's really close to finishing
[16:12] StUpIdGiRl: im not quite sure what he's going to do
[16:12] StUpIdGiRl: if he's going to have a minor or not
[16:13] StUpIdGiRl: its just an idea we recently came up with
[16:13] naughtymerrick: What's his major that he's almost done with?
[16:13] StUpIdGiRl: literature
[16:13] StUpIdGiRl: and i wanna say psych (That would be for dating you)
[16:13] StUpIdGiRl: but im not sure
[16:13] StUpIdGiRl: thats my major
[16:13] naughtymerrick: Lit's a cool major (It's kind of a cop-out major)
[16:13] naughtymerrick: Psych is very fun too (Ditto)
[16:13] StUpIdGiRl: not quite sure what to do with it afterward though
[16:14] StUpIdGiRl: he's a great poet (I bet he wrote her book of goth poems)
[16:14] StUpIdGiRl: im sure he would love to be an author (It's good to know you two have discussed the life ahead of you, before he dies and leaves you alone for ages)
[16:14] naughtymerrick: is he going to teach? every one from my grad class that went into lit is wanting to teach; it's kind of funny that way (It's not a cop-out major if you have career goals)
[16:14] naughtymerrick: At least there won't be a shortage in teachers I guess ;)
[16:14] StUpIdGiRl: no
[16:15] StUpIdGiRl: i dont think he would want to
[16:15] StUpIdGiRl: let alone i dont think he can (Older unemployed boyfriend with criminal record)
[16:16] naughtymerrick: Not into kids?
[16:16] StUpIdGiRl: no no
[16:16] StUpIdGiRl: criminal record (Called it!)
[16:17] naughtymerrick: ah, lame
[16:17] naughtymerrick: Hopefully it's not too limiting
[16:17] StUpIdGiRl: oh no
[16:17] StUpIdGiRl: it is
[16:17] StUpIdGiRl: thats the problem
[16:17] naughtymerrick: Sucky
[16:17] StUpIdGiRl: extremely
[16:18] StUpIdGiRl: although it seems as though its a bit easier to find a real job with taxes taken out (As versus, oh I dunno, crinimal work?)
[16:18] StUpIdGiRl: in the northwest
[16:20] naughtymerrick: Yeah, it can be (Lots of those damned hippies have criminal records for drug posession, so it's true that we're more lax)
[16:25] naughtymerrick: Hopefully as you guys settle in it will be easier to integrate with the city
[16:25] naughtymerrick: unless you're planning on moving soon (Please leave)
[16:37] naughtymerrick: Well, ha, I've got to be off and start making dinner (My amusement with you wanes)
[16:38] naughtymerrick: Thanks for chatting with me and all today (Gawd you are fucked up)
[16:38] StUpIdGiRl: tata

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Holy fucking god woman! I'll be blind by the time I'm done. I've already had to put my glasses on, but I'm trying!

M. Here said...

I know, sorry! It was the only way. I made a note at the top for other people who might find the text too small. And can you believe, I probably cut out about half that length in useless chatter. :P

 

scientology.org

xenu.net