Thursday, September 21

That's What Women Want?

I am not a delicate pink roseCatching up on some Gizmodo goodness, I read their post Man Stuff - The Best of Uncrate. They were talking about some pretty cool stuff: a neat backpack catering to on-the-go computer users, mini icecube trays for professional bartenders, etc. Some of the stuff I couldn't get into, like Nutrisystem for Men, but others, while not applicable to me, are still cool. (I.e., the suede sneakers, cute printed ties, and flask in a book.) Thinking that Uncrate sounded like they had some pretty cool stuff to talk about, I headed on over.

And they do have cool stuff. And it is "man stuff". Sure, I'm likely to scan over posts on shoes and jeans and whatnot, but it's still some pretty cool useful stuff. Then I see up in the top right corner that they have a similar site catering to women. So I go to their sister site Outblush. And as happens all too often for me, I got hit by a wall of girliness. Wide headbands and little leather clutchs and fancy pants fireplace tools. What is this stuff? I think, and why do they think I care? Oh right, because I'm a "woman". I forget that sometimes.

I'm all for being womanly, girly, ladylike, or whatever feminine adjective you'd like to tag on there. But it's all the woman-focused stuff, the pastel pinks and flowery prints, that leave me feeling like I'm drowning in a sea of X chromosomes. Ugh, get me out!

Do women out there really go for that? I don't know, it's just all so girly. I'm "girly", sure; I paint my nails and wear lipstick and don heals to go grocery shopping. But when faced with a wall of "this is stuff women like!" I tend to shriek and hide my face from all the bright colours. You know, I don't like that stuff. Yet I can't even begin to classify what I do like in comparison. So I guess if that's the case, I can't really be dismayed about other people's lack of ability to cater to my tastes. I guess I'll just have to start another site sometime. ;)

No comments:

 

scientology.org

xenu.net