This morning, after Makal had hit the snooze at least once, and he was curled up behind me, I fell into a very strange dream.
We had first been at a friend's house, possibly our own, smoking a bit and watching some sort of movie. I was wearing the underwear set he recently bought me from Hot Topic (but why in front of friends?), and he and I had left the room to have some sort of conversation. I remember going back into the room, very nonchalant in my black bra and panties, to turn of the stereo. For some reason it was playing music, which was interfering with the movie, and the guy holding the remote had managed to open the disc tray or turn on/off every other electronic in the room. Except the stereo.
From there Makal and I somehow managed to end up at the bank. I don't know what bank it was, but if it really exists I'm switching immediately. All the clerks (cashiers? tellers?) were made up to look like some celebrity they already resembled, then had name tags with slightly off names. I can't remember any of the names now, but it was highly amusing. We were at a special window built into the wall, not the normal counter, and our teller guy was a Zach Braff look-alike. At one point Makal asked him if he had any coming attractions, and he directed us to a pile of cheap DVDs on his desk that apparently starred Zach Braff (some of them looked totally unfamiliar though). Makal decided to buy one, but he had to write a check; he doesn't have checks but instead temporary ones from the bank, and he spends a minute trying to remember the address of the office in the apartments. I was pushing him to hurry up, as there was an angry line forming behind.
From there, I'm not really sure what happened, save that Makal was in a back office working with someone on something banking related, and I sat and waited in the lobby. At some point, there was some question about the hat I was wearing, an average black baseball cap. I had been standing at the counter, probably before Makal went back, and made a comment about my hat. To which the woman (a cute blonde woman that looked like Kristen Bell) replied that I wasn't suppose to be wearing hats, and I should take it off. I never wear hats (which I told her) so I wasn't used to remembering to take it off when entering buildings. Of course, I took it off, but then put it back on in a few minutes, forgetting.
As I'm sitting there in a comfy chair, just around the corner, I glance up and notice an older, greying, pudgy asian man standing just behind my chair. I asked him if I could help him with anything, and he said he was the bank manager, and that some of the other customers had taken issue with the music, which the bank believed was my CD. Apparently, I'd put a metal band in their stereo that was apparently public and open to anyone who wanted to put music in. So I went back up to the counter, putting my cap on as I stood up but then remembering to take it off, and walked with him over to the stereo. Another female teller (she, like the manager, didn't look like anyone famous) had taken the disc out of the stereo. For some reason, instead of handing me the disc, she walked around the counter and inserted it through the tiny slot for the garbage. I just stood there smiling complacently, and they tried to confirm that it was indeed my disc that she threw away. Yes, it really was, could they please unlock the garbage so that I could get it back?
This is about where Makal started stirring, causing me to wake up too. My last thought was that I was so pissed off at the bank and I was going to call them about the issue. But then my rational mind pointed out that it was a dream, so it's not like I actually lost anything.
That was the first dream I've remembered in a long time, at least with enough detail to write down. I wonder what's up with that?
Friday, September 8
Singing Bank Tellers!
Posted by
M. Here
at
9:00 AM

No comments:
Post a Comment