I guess my mood today is really reflecting the greyness outside. It hasn't been particularly *gloomy*, per se, though it did get really rainy for a bit (then kind of sunny). So it really is just grey out. That's not very energetic weather, yaknow? Sure, I'm inside all day, so the weather doesn't effect me much. But I do open the blinds to let natural light in, and my desk is right next to the window so I can see shrubs and trees and blue sky (and the side of the next apartment building...).
Since we're on the ground floor, I can see people walk by as they head to their apartments, so I'm getting pretty familiar with the other people in our section by stalker means. ;) I'm not trying to stalk them, of course; I just see movement outside the window and look out to see what's going on. Sometime's it's just the wind, sometimes it's that guy from the third floor that is incapable of carrying a basketball (it must be dribbled, you see), or frequently the skater guy coming back with yet another Big Gulp. Why does he take his skateboard to get that? I mean, we're *right next* to the 7-11; he shortens his travel time by barely a minute.
Over the past two days, I also did two loads of laundry, and the laundry room is just around the corner in the next building. And for the first time, not only did I pass people on the way there, but at one point there was a woman in the laundry room, and I passed someone on the way back at least twice. Remarkable! I think I can kind of see why so much of an apartment complex's socializing can revolve around the laundry room. Of course, I always did like the concept of community living, so I have to resist the urge to tape a flyer to every door of my building saying "We're new! Come to an apartment-building mixer! Bring chips!" or something dumb. Amusing to think about, but I can't imagine it would execute well. Or maybe it would, and everyone would marvel at my amazing social skills. (I'm still not gonna do it. ;)
I've been trying to work on the website for the movie project, but I'm feeling very limited by my lack of Photoshop. My wannabe program just isn't cutting it anymore; I need to find me some piratanical Photoshop action. So I'm just going to have to break from that and hijack Makal's computer tonight (pweeeze?) to do some detailed work on graphics, and I can get back to the coding on my own computer. In the meantime, I'll satisfy myself with hanging stuff on the walls as guided by my handy dandy floorplan, illustrating what hangs where and how high. I'm lucky I don't have a level—nay, a level with a ruler—or I'd be mapping out grids on the walls and trying to align stuff using the golden ratio. The day I get a level/ruler combo is the day my OCD takes over and I begin decorating like my wall's a Mondrian painting.
Thursday, September 14
Were I to have a level...
Posted by
M. Here
at
1:28 PM

No comments:
Post a Comment