What is not as good as Exploding Dog, you ask? Exploding kitchen sinks, that's what.
I get up this morning and go into the kitchen to make Makal's lunch. The first thing I notice is that the floor matt in front of the sink is discoloured; in fact, exactly half of it is wet. Initially I was horrified at the amount of cat pee required to soak the matt like that, then I woke up and realized that was highly unlikely (notice I don't say "impossible"). "Okay, this is odd..." I think, "Where did the dirty water come from?" The sink is not flooded, and the below-the-sink cabinet has no water in it. Strange.
I did, however, notice that the counter was wet. Not "standing water" wet; moreso that objects on the counter (glasses, trays, etc.) were holding water under or around themselves (because of surface tension). Looking, I can tell that the water got all the way over to the toaster on the far right of the sink, and the espresso machine on the far left. And for the most part, nothing was really damaged. A kitten calendar my mom had given us for this year had been laying on the counter, and was pretty soaked through. But luckily the 2004 Extraordinary Chickens calendar sitting on top of it was fine. The roll of paper towels tried to do its job and pulled water up to about two-thirds of its height. Apart from that, though, everything else is fine.
As far as I can figure, something clogged the sink pipes last night while the dishwasher was running, and because the dishwasher couldn't drain it filled the sink and spilled over onto the counters and floor. But the only part of the floor that was wet was the matt. ... Weird! I'm so confused as to how that happened; the counters have a slight raise towards the curved edge, which I guess was enough to hold most of the water in. Either way, I now have to do a fairly thorough cleaning of the kitchen. Oh well, it needed it anyway.
Tuesday, September 12
Not as Good as Exploding Dog
Posted by
M. Here
at
2:45 PM

No comments:
Post a Comment