I was going to post about how Santana was the first thing to play on my Party Shuffle this morning, and how I think Abraxas is one of the best albums ever, and how I listened to it as a kid then got to march several of the songs over two years of marching band shows. That's what I was going to do. Then I found a photo essay on Japanese sex clubs. So, yaknow: Santana who?
Fantasy Island photo essay by Joan Sinclair
The Japanese have some of the craziest fetishes. I can't even begin to understand them, let alone have a concept of how many are out there. It boggles the mind! But yaknow, it makes sense that over so many years, and with such an amazingly dense population, things would start to get a little weird. Leave it to Japan to be at the front of weird, from manga to personal accessories to clubs. It is, by far, a fetishist's dream land. As Makal just said, "The Japanese are true masters of perversion." Hells yes I'd pay money to go to a club consisting entirely of Japanese cuties clad in light cotton nurse outfits; why the fuck not? It'd probably only cost me about $20US anyway. When in Rome... ;)
I was initially surprised to see that the photogropher for these pictures, and the full set (in book form as Pink Box, which is $23.10 from Amazon) is in fact a woman. I guess it shouldn't be that surprising; perhaps I was surprised that a woman got to the photo subject before a man did (fetish-related photography seems sorely overpopulated by men). But you learn, in studying anthropology, that when sex and sexuality is involved most interview subjects prefer to speak to a woman interviewer (assuming they are themselves female), simply because they feel a woman will be able to understand where they are coming from more than a man.
The photos in the essay are amusing. I'm particularly fond of the tub of cute girls in green gel. Though at only $17US a bath, I wonder how well those girls fair in a night, and how pruney they are at the end. :P And the picture of the large women with the man sitting and smoking cigarettes between them is great—he looks like one happy fellow! All the photos are fun, really. I included the one above because it reminds me of a photo I found online some time last year, seen right. Sadly, I don't remember the site that contained the full set (somewhere around 10 photos?) My photo is saved as "prints", if you feel like playing detective and finding the full set. Yes, that canvas would surely inspire me to practice calligraphy more too.
Thursday, September 21
Japanese Sex Clubs > Santana
Posted by
M. Here
at
10:35 AM

No comments:
Post a Comment