Monday, October 16

Back in the Metaphorical Saddle

So I know I said I'd wanted to wait till the new work week (Monday), but last Friday I decided to start up the cam again. I mean, it was Friday the 13th for cookie's sake; superstition is only what you make of it so if I make Friday the 13th a good day for me, it will always be a good day. And what could be better than spending the day naked and warm under lights, masturbating? Not much. Okay well maybe if I'd had a hookah, and someone feeding me grapes... ;)

In actuality I did very little masturbating. It was a slow day given the mid-afternoon timing, and having no regulars made me essentially a n00b with a blank little black book. Not to say absolutely nothing was going on--my room was actually fairly busy and, thus, much more entertaining than an empty one--but it was slow at least money-wise. I think a lot of it had to do not only with the fact that I'm "new" but that my camera sucks. Before, I had a nice miniDV camcorder on loan from the company, as well as a video capture card. And until that package from eBay arrives, I have my puny little 15fps webcam with bad handling of colour and lots of noise. So bettering the video quality should help a great deal. Give me a few days and I'll be back in the top-10 or -5 girls on the front page, I'll start building up a bank of regulars who know my schedule, and I will start filling my private subscription-only gallery with lots of randy images. Till then, guys'll just have to buy a show in good faith.

Remarkably, I had someone in the room that actually remembered me from before. Can you believe it? I mean, the people (not just men, you know! *cough*cough*) who frequent camwhore network sites have got to be taking in a handful of random faces each visit, just to see what's out there. After a time, you only retain so much, and most of that is the person's name and thumbnail (which should rarely change, for these reasons). Imagine my surprise that about a year and a half after I last worked--even after my hair went from a short platinum blonde (or fire-engine red, for a time) to long burgandy brown--guys still recognize me... it's baffling. Of course, the name stay's the same. But everyone remembers faces better than names, yaknow? Something tells me that it won't be long before other regulars find their way back to my little red and black chat room.

In other news, last night we bought a delicious pizza and rented a movie: lemon chicken with pineapple and red onion, and Mars Attacks! by Tim Burton. The pizza was overflowing with delicious toppings and, thence, delicious on its own. And the movie, well, how can you not love anything with Tim Burton's name on it? We decided that given the big-name cast and pretty average (if that) script/plot, the movie was just one of those examples of people wanting to get together to do something fun and silly. "Ratings be damned, we want to enjoy our job again!" Funny how things like that often turn out to be some of the biggest cult hits, eh?

When I was pulling the pizza stone out of the 425°F oven, I managed to reach my fingers a little too far and ended up dragging my right hand's pinkie and ring fingers across the hot metal rack. Ouch! My little finger just has a small burn near the last knuckle, but my ring finger has an oddly triangular area of red with a large white center. Yep, that'll blister. Luckily it doesn't hurt much now even if I touch it. I hope that'll stay the same when I get in a hot shower to wash my hair later. Yet of all the ways to injure yourself, I am the most familiar with burns. As I've said before, I'm a big fan of heat; it should come as no surprise that if you want to play with hot stuff you're gonna get burned, sooner or later. And oh have I! So anymore, a 2nd degree burn definitely doesn't phase me much anymore. I figure my affinity for heat won't really dissipate till such a time as I suffer a 3rd degree. But knowing me, that won't stop me from coming back for more anyway. ;)

No comments:

 

scientology.org

xenu.net