Wednesday, October 18

I've Seen London, I've seen France

Here's a little excerpt from a chat I was having with a friend yesterday. She's currently over in France for a year of school and just got done traveling to some other places, so European countries is an easy topic.

her: where all did you go in europe?
me: england, france, germany, austria, switzerland, italy, and liechtenstein
me: pretty much all over the place
her: liechtenstein?
her: that seems very random
me: yeah, it was just for a few hours, obviously
me: The whole country was under construction: they were building a raised deck
me: I kid you not

Liechtenstein feels more like a cute country town--not a country. And at 62 square miles, it is pretty much the smallest country in the world. So, you know, building a deck is a big deal (I kid you not).

---

Yesterday, my new webcam came. Huzzah! It also arrived with some good new evidence as to my amazing powers of ESP. You see, I'd been sitting here on the computer most of the morning, and had asked Makal once or twice to look at the tracking site to see if there was an expected delivery time since we knew it was in the area. Some time later, I wandered into the kitchen to make my morning bowl of oatmeal. As I was setting the tasty bowl of oats on my computer desk, I thought I'd better check the door for a note to see if someone had knocked and my music (yeah, I should probably turn it down) had drowned them out. So I started to leave the room again and head for the door. Which is when there was a knock. Of course! It was the friendly UPS guy with the expected delivery. :D So, yay for me; I had perfect timing. ;) When I got back to the computer, Makal had IMed me saying the tracking showed the delivery would probably be in the next few hours. Probably. ;)

The webcam is very nice. The difference from my old one is... oh, I don't know, at least ten-fold? Way better technology (of course, it's Logitech!). The only thing I don't get is the creative effects workshop; this was a refurbished model so there was no install disc. Which is fine, since Logitech is smart and has drivers/hardware install packages for download from their site. But apparently not the video studio. :P Either way, I'm quite happy with it. Oh, and it has sound! Nice sound too, pretty clear on my end. Because it has sound, I set up a Skype account and called Makal to bug him thank him. I don't know if it's because I was calling his cell or what, but the sound was a little off, with a time delay and an echo. :P Any ideas why? I don't really have anyone to call, or have voice chats with, so I probably won't be testing it any time soon.

But yes, I have Skype. If you care, my address (number? I dunno) is "merrick.monroe".

After getting the cam yesterday and installing it on my comp, I downloaded the network's highspeed program so I can do chats with that. But the sound wasn't working, which is sad but I think it's because I'm using a webcam, not a device that plugs into a capture card. It's kind of puzzling really, especially since I can set the mic option to be my cam. I even have a headset, but I'm not sure any audio is coming from that to begin with. :P I'll have to get in touch with someone and see what's up, and if the highspeed is even that useful for me if I can't do sound. And that would be lame. But I figure hey, I could always get a SkypeIn number for a few months, and guys can call me via that (unless the sound continues to be bad). Something to think about.

Btw, what the fuck is up with Tuesdays? Slowest fucking day on the planet. Friday my chat room was *booming*, and Monday was good too (more shows for me, even). Yet yesterday, nothing. "OMG it was so boring" nothing. Apparently, the only horny guys wanting to get their chat on on Tuesdays live in other countries and have bad English. My best example of yesterday's chatters is, "Nooooo, ur become 1000 kisses ok?" Wtf is that? My oh my people are strange.

No comments:

 

scientology.org

xenu.net