Thursday, October 12

Holding Off for Now, Some Rules

So since I'm all a'bleedin' I decided to hold off on getting back into working, at least for a few days until my period's lighter. I wrote the main contact I have for the network, asking him about their policy on the topic. He replied with, "Yeah no problems lots of models work on the rag they just hide the string or what ever they use...lol" His reply really amused me; it's good to see he really has an understanding of what the models go through. ;) So while I don't have to worry about them telling me I'm violating a rule, I still just feel physically off. Plus today when I went to do some sample photos for my profile bio and all, I realized that the workspace I'd set up yesterday was really limiting space-wise. I'd completely forgotten that I'd need to use my mouse--as much as I've mastered keyboard shortcuts and navigation, some things you just need a mouse to do. So I had to pull everything apart and rearrange... And basically I'll have to move a ton of boxes every day until I get more organized. Again: motivation! ;) In addition to all that, the week ends on Sunday and pay is part based off the number of hours you're online, so I'd rather start the new week, make lots of money, and feel good, than work part of a week, get paid less, and feel icky.

While doing the sample photos today, I experienced just how cheap my current webcam is. The software was set to take a shot every 2 seconds, and even holding still for 5, half the time I ended up looking like one of the soon-to-die kids from The Ring. Not sexy! But amusing. The company recommends using a DV camcorder and video capture card, but I have neither and both are way out of our budget for now (even buying from eBay). So I did a lot of research and we bought a new, top of the line webcam model from Logitech that is much more affordable. And as money comes in, I can of course upgrade down the line. One of the pluses to the webcam we got was that it has a built-in mic (which was reviewed to be good quality as well) and comes with a headset. So not only will I now be able to do Skype calling and vent (yay!) but I can use the network's fancy new high-speed system that integrates audio into chat. That'll be soo much nicer than guys asking me if I do phone--I hate doing phone. I don't want to call people! It's too much of a hassle and wastes my minutes (not that I have a phone...). :P Waiting for this new cam is another good reason to hold off on starting.

Because of my aforementioned questioning about guidelines and such for the network, I spent a lot of time reading through the rules. A lot of these are obvious, like "no pissing on camera" or "no animals on camera". A few of them really make me laugh, sometimes because I've known them to be changed from when I worked before, or consistently not followed. Here's the best, (emphasis) mine...

No Fisting - While any finger is inserted into a bodily orifice the thumb cannot also be inserted!! (So no two fingers in your pussy, two in your ass, and a thumb in your mouth! That's just wrong. ;)

Models should be nude - [Network] recommends nudity in all rooms. NUDE models make more $$$$$$. Models must dress appropriatly at all times. (I find that to be an amusingly contradictory sentence.) Pants and long sleeve shirts are not appropriate. (I knew a girl--major hottie--who spent all her "free" time in sweaters and jeans, and guys would request different sweaters. Sweater meat!) This is live NUDE chat! Models that are not prepared to remove their clothes in a timely fashion will not be allowed online.

No Self Mutilation -
You may not cut, maim, lacerate or in any other way inflict possible life threatening harm to yourself or another model within the cameras view. (Another model I knew and loved got around this by using accupuncture needles to pierce her nipples. No blood, no damage!)
Anyway...

I'm ranty and need to straighten up. :P I hate having to wait on things.

No comments:

 

scientology.org

xenu.net