Today is Sunday. Typing this is extremely hard right now, as Makal is asleep in my lap feeling sick. He's resting in between my legs with his head on my thigh, and my foot fell asleep ages ago. I need one hand to hold up his comp (I'm so glad it has a quiet keyboard!) and the other arm is at such an angle that typing is difficult--a meer 20 wpm huntin' and a peckin', compared to my usual right-handed 35+wpm. If I ever lose a hand, please let it be my left. ;)
So as I was saying, Sunday. Today was the third day in our weekend because Makal took a vacation day Friday for a medical appointment. It was just a 15 minute consult (thank goodness for insurance copays!) and afterwards we went to see The Nightmare Before Christmas in 3D. Wonderful! Do see it if you can. Sadly, the 3D glasses you get aren't Nightmare-y, just plain plastic frames. But it was still awesome, like that movie was meant to be in 3D. There are times when you forget it and just enjoy the movie, and other times when you go "Oh gawd the missile's headed straight at us!" Hehe.
The only theater showing it was actually at the nicer outdoor mall in the area (Bridgeport Village) and after the movie we walked around a bit window shopping and talking about men and women's fashions, fall attire, and domination of the world. We went and had dinner at the Macaroni Grill--a place I consider on par with Olive Garden as far as white trash couture goes but that is still entirely delicious. And after that, the busride home took us to another mall (Washington Square), where we wandered around, looked at Halloween stuff, and I ogled many a pair of fucking delicious red patent leather pumps. Yumm!!
While we were dining, we realized that this was the first time since our second date that Makal and I had gone out to a movie and nice dinner. Our second date, over a year ago and having followed our first date by two days, had consisted of seeing Sin City, eating at pizza and beer at The Strand, and then wandering the downtown shopping area and talking. So our date on Friday was missing only one aspect of that evening: the fucking session that proceeded late into the night. So of course, to continue the tradition, we had to indulge in a bit of the same. :D
The next morning--er, afternoon, after I went about putting away the lengths of rope, the dildoes, and the clothespins, and tossing the quickly shucked clothes into the laundry basket, we had a breakfast of waffles, scrambled eggs and sausage. We spent the day watching spooky movies (Stephen King's Cats Eye, Butterfly Effect, and Nigthwatch) and carving pumpkins. :D Makal made a really awesome pirate skull that looks beautiful when lit, and I did a spooky old-skool style Halloween cat. We got so many seeds out of these two pumpkins, more than I've gotten out of three large pumpkins in the past. The seeds are still marinating in the fridge; hopefully I'll be baking them tomorrow. Oh nummy nummy. ;)
Then today, well, today's been pretty low-key. Makal woke up not feeling so great, and we've spent most of the day just lazing about and watching bad (and a few good) shows on The Discovery Channel. By this point in my post, he's woken up from his nap in my lap. Hours ago before he laid down, he said "I'm ready to go to the store when you are", referencing our shopping trip to get appropriate ingredients to make fresh pumpkin pie. So, that will wait till another day. Now if you'll excuse me, we're gonna cuddle, drink hot cocoa and watch Dirty Jobs. :)
Sunday, October 29
Three Day Weekend in the Fall
Posted by
M. Here
at
4:25 PM

No comments:
Post a Comment