Tuesday, October 10

No Cause for Apathy

I had absolutely no motivation yesterday. None. You'd think I was really exhausted from the weekend or something, but I wasn't. It was a pretty casual weekend. I got a lot of good sleep. Really, I had no reason to be so lacking in want to do things. I wasn't tired, per se, I just didn't care. Which is really lame, because by the time Makal got home, there was still a plate on the coffee table from breakfast. Boo me! It was just one plate, why didn't I pick it up? Because I just didn't care. :P

Overall it was a good weekend, though. I already recapped the movie fest, but I forgot to mention. As we were sitting in on one open discussion, a girl sat across the isle and a few rows up from us. It didn't take me long to realize that she kept looking back towards Makal and I. And drawing. Seriously. She was sitting there with a red pen and a huge sketch pad, drawing. Yes, there's a chance she wasn't drawing one (or both) of us, that she was focused instead on the very fat woman in the far back corner, who was mostly obscured by us and fully in the dark. But this girl (err, well, woman) and I made eye contact a few times. It was odd. Makal reminded me of the PirateFest a few weeks ago, where we stopped many a time for people who wanted to take our picture (so many huge-lensed cameras that I'm pretty sure at least one of them will end up on the site's gallery--when they have one); so it would seem that when we get dressed up and go out, people either take our picture, well, sketch us.

What do you do when you're pretty sure someone's drawing you? Nothing. You just sit there and pretend it's not happening. Which is a fairly surreal thing, in it's way. The summer before last, when I went to FairieWorlds, I spent a good long time sitting under a tree pretending to do nothing as this guy sketched me as a fairy. It was really hard to be doing nothing, because the band playing was awesome, and because people kept wandering by and, seeing him working away, would look at me, look at the pad, and start talking to me about what he was drawing. Yes of course I knew he was drawing me, he's freakin' three feet away! No I haven't seen it; what artist goes, "Okay luv, here's the outline sketch that I've done of you... this is about where your head'll be..." Pfft, silly people.

Makal's parents were up on Sunday, and it was actually nice to see them. Makal had run to the store just before to pick up some hot chocolate (!!! yumm) so we drank hot chocolate and talked about--what else--World of Warcraft (and other stuff). They also brought up a bag of stuff for us, as we seemed to have left a fair bit of our things behind. Mainly some of Makal's brewing gear, but also some cooking sherry and olive oil, and some really odd Star Wars stickers. I'm afraid we kept them up here a bit late, though. We were all snuggled and cozy in bed when we got the "one ring" call from them to say they were home and okay. But yes, it was good to see them, and they got to see the apartment in yet another stage of decoration (i.e. different boxes in the living room, new stuff on the walls). I swear, every time any person comes over, the decor is further along but still not finalized. I'll get to it some day.

Yesterday I guess I saved all my energy for the task of getting out to Makal's work and going grocery shopping at Uwajimia. Yay! I've been wanting to get out there for months, since we moved up really, so it was good to finally be there to buy groceries. We got so many tasty Asian foods, we're going to have a week of Thai and Japanese cuisine, methinks. Save maybe one night of cheeseburgers, because they're tasty. :) It'll be good; we were both growing so tired of the typical European fair. I think we should be shopping out there more; sure it's a bit of a bus ordeal to get there, but it's totally worth it to not be bored by dinner (or paying absurdly expensive prices for "vanilla" grocery stores' Asian foods). And when Makal's office moves down to that block in November, easy peasy!

FYI, there's a rant on the way regarding World of Warcraft, the Burning Crusade expansion, and why I will not respec from Beast Mastery. Stay tuned. ;)

No comments:

 

scientology.org

xenu.net