Wednesday, January 3

Acute Nasopharyngitis 1, T-Lymphocytes 0

The Nasos snuck in yesterday to score their first hit against the unsuspecting 'Cytes, hitting them hard from behind with a stuffy nose. In retrospect the 'Cytes realized they had seen it coming but weren't given an opportunity to prepare for the strike, noting to me as long ago as last week that I would be getting sick this week. "Hey Merrick," they said, "All this holiday stuff has been a blast, but you've been really pushing yourself. You know you can't handle this much activity; better cool your jets and take some time on the bench... for your own sake." I agreed with them wholeheartedly at the time, but then I had to have my final holiday hoorah with New Year's Eve partying, and that's probably what did me in. The 'Cytes, while trying to blame me for their current situation, are failing to recall that they've not been playing the same since Thanksgiving. Back then they started letting a few coughs and sniffles past, but overall they dominated the field and thus probably thought they had won the game and were above any full-force attack, especially from the Nasos. No longer an acute threat, the Nasos now have play of the field and while they hold good tactical positions I expect the 'Cytes to pull through in the end. I think we're nearing half time now, so if you could all route for the 'Cytes coming back in the third quarter, that'd be super.

Now pardon me while my zombified body mouth-breaths its way into the kitchen to get some toast.

No comments:

 

scientology.org

xenu.net