Tuesday, January 30

Inundated

Gah, emails emails. I continued to receive replies to my Craigslist ad seeking a photographer throughout the weekend, as well as a few replies from skilled photographers I'd responded. Now it's Tuesday, and after a day of having no internet connection, I've got about 16 emails to reply to (including those from the weekend). Blaaah.

I wouldn't mind so much if they were all different emails that required brain powers to write. But no, a good portion of them will be the same email, tailored to fit the recipient, and will basically say "no thanks". I know, more rejection letters. :P But honestly, when I've had sooo many talented people link me to their amazing portfolios (one chick even sent me her actual resume!), anything that doesn't do the same is pretty much a no. Perhaps I'm missing out on some good photographers that way. I hate saying no in general, unless it's pretty obvious that the photographer's style isn't akin to my own. But I've already got more than a handful of professionals to work with. Confidence in your talents does count for a lot, but doesn't go very far in actually showing me any skills (other than self-marketing).

Not to be complaining or anything. Honestly I think it's great that I've had so many responses, because it gives me more flexibility. Each photographer has a style, and if I work with several of them over time, I can cater the photosets' themes to best accentuate what that person does with his/her camera. Really it's just the email thing I'm griping about. But if anyone reading this ever has a need for a photographer--male, female, wedding, boudoir, whateva--you should definitely give me a shout because I've got the hook up.

I swear, photography is all that's been on my mind lately. Running through the list of people whom I'd like to work with, creating themes and thinking about props/clothing etc., what I should wear to the shoot the day of that won't leave any elastic lines on my skin. How will I do my hair? Well that depends on the shoot, but what if it's windy or rainy out (a good possibility in Portland) and my hair gets all mussed up? /overthinking! Actually, rain-slicked, windswept hair could be pretty hot... ;)

Also, thanks to those of you who have commented/written saying congrats. :) I do appreciate the support! You're all such good net buddies. ^_^

No comments:

 

scientology.org

xenu.net