Wednesday, January 17

Bloggie Panelist Votes due Jan. 21

2007 Weblog Awards Just got an email from the Weblog Awards (a.k.a. "The Bloggies") saying that I've been randomly selected to be on the panel that chooses the Bloggie finalists. Hey! That's kind of neat! I've not delved in to any of the ten randomly selected categories I've been given to vote in, but I am not at all surprised to see a handful of blogs I read being semi finalists. A few of my categories, though, are branches of the blogosphere that I never venture into... so I guess I'll soon be becoming friends with the top 35 nominated blogs for these topics.

  • best african or middle easter weblog
  • best american weblog
  • best british or irish weblog
  • best computers or technology weblog
  • best entertainment weblog
  • best glbt weblog
  • best sports weblog
  • best teen weblog
  • best writing of a weblog
  • weblog of the year
And just when I was starting to think about adding some new feeds to my reader! I'm looking forward to reading a lot of good writing on good topics, and learning more about the sports blogging world than I ever anticipated...

3 comments:

Rhys said...

Wooo! Congratulations! Sure you'll do great.

I've never wanted to be a judge, I'm too biased. Likewise why I'm not allowed to do jury duty. But that's another story for another time.

M. Here said...

Hehe, thanks! But I don't know how long I can really drag out bragging about this, considering that I was randomly selected. ;D

Anonymous said...

:o I was randomly selected two! Perhaps its not as rare as I thought... or maybe... maybe we're extra awesome. Yeah, that must be it.

 

scientology.org

xenu.net