It's been years since I found the site--sometime in 2001--and as soon as I did I knew I wanted to work with them. Since that time, when their "street team" consisted of flyers you'd print and cutout yourself and a rewards program for how many stickers you could stick around town, the site has grown immensely. They have a clothing line, books, DVDs, and even a long-running burlesque tour. Celebrities like Wil Wheaton and Roman Dirge are members, and there's an entire army devoted to spreading the word. Know who I'm talking about yet? You'd be right if you said SuicideGirls.
And now, I shall join in their ranks.
I wasn't legal to do nude modeling when I found their site (nor was I in any position to do so), but closing in on my 23rd birthday and presently living in their original hometown of Portland, I certainly am now. So yesterday morning, I filled out the form on their website, attached a few photos, and hit "submit". Not a few hours later, I received a reply that I was accepted, and had a link to start filling out my paperwork and profile. Now with all that done, the only thing I have left to do is submit a set. And aye, there's the rub.
Discussing all this with Makal last night, he said that he would feel more comfortable with the photography process if I worked with a female photographer. Which is really fair of him, because this (photography modeling) is something new to both of us. Hopefully he'll be able to come to the shoot with me, but if not I want to be working with someone who not only makes me feel comfortable, but him as well. Being nekkid online isn't worth stressing our relationship over. And someday we plan on using some money from a shoot to go out and buy a nice camera--something larger than 2.2 megapixels and that isn't covered in white chocolate mocha--so that he can do photography for me. That'd sure make scheduling shoots easier!
At this point, I'm just doing what I can to research photographers. I've contacted one that SuicideGirls lists on their site as being a Portland photographer, though I've yet to hear back from her. I've also posted an ad on Craigslist, and have already received an amusing scope of replies, so I'll have to tell you about that in another post. If as you read this you're thinking, "Hey, I'm a photographer, and I'm in the Portland, Oregon area!" you should hit me up. We might be able to work together.
Thursday, January 25
I'm Gettin Nekkid on Teh Internet (Again)
Posted by
M. Here
at
10:27 AM
Labels: modeling, photography, portland, suicidegirls

2 comments:
Wow! That is rather cool. I mean, even I have heard of Suicide Girls. I may join to show moral support, but then Han'd probably be asking questions!
Ignorant, from Wales.
You know, Han's pretty cute... maybe if you got an account she'd feel like modeling for them too... ;D /tease
Post a Comment