When I went to check my horoscope this morning, I'm not sure if the page didn't load right or what but the body of my horoscope was filled simply with "undefined". I'm not sure if that's an omen for the year to come, but I found it highly amusing. :)
So yes, happy new year! Hopefully you all faired well in the tumultuous holiday season. I have--as you might have noticed from my lack of posting--been very busy with the season, spending lots of time with Makal and our friends. Obviously I haven't written about our christmas trip to Eugene yet, so I'm going to have to get on that today. But at least I can say with 80% confidence that we won't be leaving town again for a while yet. ;)
Makal and I spent new years with our friends in Corvallis. A few hours after we arrived, others revealed that they wanted to go to this "cocktail party" (I use quotes not because I'm trying to imply anything, but because I didn't think it was very true to what one expects of a cocktail party) down the street. Which, yaknow, was fine, except that I was wearing jeans and a black tshirt. Classic style, not horrible looking, but not nearly as formal as the group we saw move through the house on their way to t he party. So as the boys were downstairs getting outfitted with button up shirts, I went upstairs and asked the two girls getting ready if they had anything I could "classy up with". This was a shot in the dark, since one girl is practically half my size (is height and weight) and the other is still a bit smaller than me. But luckily, a dress was procured--a black halter dress with pink-edged ruffles and an asymmetrical hemline--that fit me pretty decently. Lucky for me I was wearing my knee-high boots under my jeans!
Anyway, we headed off to the party down the block, one member of our group already plastered (and quite hilariously so). It was exactly what you'd expect from a college New Years party masquerading as a cocktail party: people were dressed up, drinks were being mixed, and there was a pinata and a chocolate fountain. I ended up knowing someone who lived at the house (more "small world" coincidence), and I'd run into her friend at a party there last week. By three minutes to midnight, most everyone was sitting or standing near someone kissable, I on Makal's lap, and we all counted down and did the smoochy smooch. Amusingly, I have no recollection as to whether anyone called out "Happy New Year!", as I was so intent on kissing Makal. But a happy new year it shall be. :D

No comments:
Post a Comment