Wednesday, January 3

Teh Lootzorz Gift Guide

I had put most of this stuff in my previous post about our trip, but man, that thing was long! And when I realized I'd forgotten a few gifts, well, I figured it would just be better to have our gifts contained in a separate post. And if you don't really give a rat's arse what we got from people, then perhaps come another gift-giving holiday you can use this list as a gift guide if you know someone who's anything like us! See, it's *versatile* like that. ;)

Makal:
From Merrick:
Anansi Boys by Neil Gaiman
Sun of Suns by Karl Schroeder
• lots of love, hugs, kisses, and appreciation

From his parents:
• cash
Pirateology: The Pirate Hunter's Companion book
• shirts with great Celtic prints on the front

From my mom:
• sugar-free Almond Rocas
• lenticular puzzle
• knit cap
• warm fuzzy blanket (modeled by Jack the Cat)
clear Bicycle playing cards

Merrick:

From Makal:
• box of Godiva chocolates
• four pairs of knee-high argyle socks
• two pairs of tights
• neat dangly "worldly" hair pierce
• white and green teacup with black accents from Teavana
• Choconut loose leaf green tea from Teavana
• Red apron with ruffled skirt and white edging

From my mom:
• set of blue glass Pyrex casserole dishes
MicroMaster microwave steam cooker (and it works!)
• cash
- olive green silicone potholder
- SwissGold tea infuser
- accent bowls
- two ferns
• 25 $1 holiday scratch-its (equaling $22 in prizes)
• sterling silver lizard necklace

From Makal's parents:
• cash
- tragus piercing and jewelry
- gaming dice
• calendar of vintage/collage-esque images
• vanilla and grapefruit shea souffle from Fridays at the Farm
• vanilla and grapefruit sugar scrub from Fridays at the Farm

Both of us:
• blender from our friends the cat sitters
• Shoxx magazine Vol. 166 Issue 12 (J-list) from Dutch
• Hookah! (joint purchase from Makal's parents' gifts of cash)

Now, I don't post all this to merely say "hey look what we got!" or something. Overall, I think all the gifts we received were really thoughtful. I know Makal didn't get me a thing I hadn't asked for or that I wouldn't obviously like (since I don't think I asked for chocolate... ;). This was our second christmas together--and second Thanksgiving, and second New Year's, while we're at it--and I can't imagine that it won't keep getting better with every year! <3

No comments:

 

scientology.org

xenu.net