Wednesday, March 21

Ephemera

Today is the first day of Spring! Huzzah! It's a sunny-but-chilly day out, just as Spring should be. I am definitely looking forward to more sunlight (not that I plan on spending any time in it, just looking at it is nice). Does anyone sense a change in the air? Is love now drifting in the wind like so many pollen spores, to be inhaled by any person with breath in their lungs? Will the act of procreation soon overtake the thoughts of normally moral, solid individuals, weakening them to ravenous lustful copulations? Will somebody finally do something about the gigantic mud pond that is just beyond our back porch? I have no idea, frankly. But I do look forward to the sunshine.

I've been working off-and-on today, writing FAQs for the biz site. Please, do you think anyone actually asked those questions, for them to be answered in a FAQ sheet? The point is to stop people from asking questions, after all, which means that one must first deduce what others might ask about. So I'm writing amusing questions that I can imagine a person asking me in regards to the information I want to have published and "out there" but can't think of anywhere else to put. You won't see it up for a few days yet though, as I want to do the layout first. And while I thought I had created a layout I would be happy with, I've since been drawn to a different style. Which means nothing to you, as you've not seen any drafts. Just trust that it'll be a sleek, sexy show of geekery.

I really dislike chores. Not for the fact that they simply need to be done, but because once they are done, you'll have to do them again soon after. I do the laundry and must immediately put all the clothes and towels away so that they can be used, which makes them dirty and thus requires them to be washed again. Never mind the fact that I must put the clothes away before refilling the laundry basket, as Makal does not believe that leaving them in a warm pile on the bed for the cats to lay on is really that efficient (and I'm inclined to agree). I run a full dishwasher through its cycle, and must then put the dishes away so that I can either use them and dirty them once more, or make room in the dishwasher to wash other dishes that were dirtied while the dishwasher was in operation. Chores never end. Neither shall my dislike for them.

Yesterday my eyes nearly bugged when I saw that Google had added themes to their personal homepage. But then they did pop out of my skull when I saw the themes in use; can you say crazy awesome?! Most of them are pretty bland, and my favourite is of course the tea house theme. What is most amazing about the Google Homepage themes is that they change during the time of day in your area. So with Teahouse, I get to watch the cute little fox go about his day picking oranges and hanging out on the dock. Too fun. :)

I'm still rinsing lots of dye out of my hair, and it's been nearly three weeks since I dyed it. This seems unusual, based on the other times I've dyed my hair--though it's true that this is the first time I've dyed it black. Perhaps the black dye has some different properties compared to red or brown dyes? But it still looks perfectly fine, all healthy and shiny and jet black, as recent photographic evidence has shown. Maybe I'm still washing dye from my scalp? Either way, I am really enjoying it. Like I said, this is the first time I've dyed my hair black, and it's been nice. My mom never let me dye my hair odd colours during high school, for fear that I would dye it green (her words, not mine), and black was still too far of a deviation from my natural hair colour (whatever that is...) for her to be okay with it. But I think it suits me pretty well. It doesn't actually wash me out or look all that fake, and dark hair has always made my eyes "pop" more. Which I guess is a good thing. ;)

I've some other observations I could share, such as "people are really weird" or "hoodies are comfortable!", but I wont because it would just turn into a list of dumb stuff. And oh man, I still need to write about our new digital camera. :P By the way, if you can think of any amusing but still useful questions I could answer for my FAQ, do let me know in the comments, won't you?

No comments:

 

scientology.org

xenu.net