Tuesday, March 27

Just Before Bed

I am tired. I've been getting lost in my pixels today, leaning too close to the screen and giving myself a back ache. But(!) the layout for the members site is pretty much done. Huzzah! It is a similar theme as my original layout concept, but much sleeker with a less graphic, space-consuming interface. Which is okay by me. I think it's been over six months since I've done any hard-core (if you could call it that) website coding. I do miss it at times, and during those first few hours it's like feeling the wind in your hair after not riding a bike for years (not that I would know). But now, letsee... it's nearly 11p, and I started working on this at about 10a. Of course, I've been doing other stuff too (grocery store, cooking dinner, watching a slightly scary movie), but still.

Anyway, since I love you and need to have a more immediate audience of my work than waiting for April, you get a preview. The tour/preview site will look different, but'll have a bit of the same theme for consistency's sake. I'm still kinda sniffling over the fact that the new version of Blogger can't ftp yet; that pretty much means that I'll have to use WordPress. Which, yaknow, I hear is pretty good. ;)

If you feel like giving input on the design, go right ahead. This version looks okay, but I'm still having a bit of trouble with how it displays in IE7... 8 pixels, specifically. And with a horizontally-ruled background, 8 pixels of vertical alignment is really damned annoying. But I am certainly smitten with how IE7 displays fonts; much much smoother and more aesthetic than Firefox. Glad I have the new font pack for Vista too, as those fonts do look quite spiffy.

Oh, and I watched half an hour of the Pussycat Dolls recruitment show, whatever the hell it's called (because it's certainly not "Who Wants to be the Next Pussy?"). It's a horrible show, and I took no pleasure in sitting through 20 minutes of girls talking in circles while lounging in pink bedrooms, or fanning their hands as boys (zomg boyz!) enter the room, or cattily separating each other from the group one at a time. Girls are scary things. The only reason I sat through that half an hour was to see some dancing; as soon as that happened the TV was off. Okay yeah and there were kinda cute girls (although most of them seemed awfully young and/or thin to me) and they got to wear cute clothes. But dancing and cuteness aside, horrible show.

Anyway, bed.

No comments:

 

scientology.org

xenu.net