Friday, March 30

Cue Fanning of Face with Hands

Okay, perhaps I was exaggerating a bit. There's probably some varying hormone levels I could blame, but I'm not that type of girl. I'm pretty sure that the worst person to have around is a stressed out perfectionist--nothing is ever right to them. Er, me. Whatever. I took a hot bath, drank some delicious green tea, and am now munching on dried pineapple slices (one of my favourite treats, and better for me than a Snickers). So--*deep breath*--everything will work out.

Makal is in the process of working towards his first motorcycle purchase, and was applying for a loan via our bank. So I went over to the bank to talk with the loan officer since I was going to be the main on the loan, and Makal the secondary. But of course, as banking always is, the process had its un-sexy kinks due to the computer system (though honestly I think some of that was "PEBKAC"). So that took 15, maybe 20 minutes to go through, even though Makal had just worked with her last night to get the details and I was theoretically only there to give the go-ahead. :P And of course, I made the mistake of mentioning our new business to her, to which she remarked, "Oh right! We should probably set up the business account we talked about earlier." I told her we didn't need to do that today, as Makal wasn't there to sign anything, I didn't have the registration certificate, and she had somewhere to be. But then once the loan was finished, she launched right into the business account. This woman is sweet and works very hard, but she can be a bit of a ditz at times. The biz checking application process took much longer than the loan stuff (also due to mass amounts of PEBKAC), and I ended up being in her office for over an hour. But now we have business checking, so at least business-related/ -improving stuff happened during that time.

Banking is an odd industry, and I now understand why the people who work in it--as tellers, loan officers, whatever--always seem to be so large 'round the middle: it's because they eat all day. Today at this particular branch, it was one fellow's last day, so not only were they snacking on celebratory treats but were going to be picking up a cake too (the "somewhere" the officer needed to be). She was telling me that they eat all day at banks; there's always a party or a brunch or even just a plate of sweets a customer brought in to share. She'd worked at a variety of banks too, which she said were all just the same way with food and snacking. Office environments seem to be like that; it makes me think of the "pass to the next person" cake scene in Office Space.

By the time I got back to the apartment, it was past 1p and Makal had already left work for his medical appointment; it was too late for me to catch a bus and get to the clinic in time to meet him. So now I'm just going to stay home and work, which he said he'd be fine with. There is still a chance that the site could be launched by April 1st, despite our not having as much photographic content as I'd initially planned on. But I have this afternoon, evening, and the bulk of tomorrow to work on it. We'll see; I don't know what'll happen once I go through everything and resubmit it to the subscription manager. Still, luck be with me.

No comments:

 

scientology.org

xenu.net