Saturday, March 17

Enough Already

I feel like I've been editing photos for a week, though in reality I know it can only have been a few days. Makal and I did a "quick" (well, it was supposed to be...) shoot mid-last week, getting some images to use for the teaser page and maybe/hopefully the layout. Par usual, many images equaled only a few that were great, with handfuls of the rest having their redeeming qualities. Sadly, a few of the really fun shots were taken when the camera's settings were less than ideal, so they ended up kinda dark. Luckily, I have Photoshop and a keen ability to teach myself/learn on the fly, hence why I've been doing so much editing. We shot everything over a red backdrop and that did a great job of lending a warm tone while being easy to edit out. Remarkably, we didn't get any shots of my ass. How did this happen?! We were going to do another shoot today, an all-out "theme" shoot, but it's apparently a holiday and we may or may not be having friends over in a few hours. S'okay, we can do the planned shoot tomorrow and still have time for the shoot we actually had planned for tomorrow. I'll be all posed out by the end of the day though!

Makal's ankle is doing better and he's actually able to move about without a brace on now, though not for very long. His parents brought some Arnica gel and a magnetic brace when last they were up, and I think both of those have made a difference. There's practically no bruising or swelling now, and like I said, he can walk! ;) So that's been a definite plus.

A few days ago, after we'd done that first photo shoot, we were out in Hillsdale getting Makal's Vicodin prescription filled (walking doesn't mean lack of pain) and decided to go to a McMenamins restaurant for dinner. Makal and I were both enjoying the porter they had on nitro, and typical McMenamins burgers. Our waitress was pretty nice, and at one point brought Makal another beer, grabbing a few of the empty glasses as she went to leave. In her swiftness, she managed to hit one of the empty glasses in her hand against my nearly-full glass of porter on the table. And because of the direction she was turning, she sent that glass of porter directly into my booth seat, soaking my black army coat and my jeans. I spent a few minutes standing awkwardly limited by the booth seat and the table, while she fetched towels. Now, I really hate wearing wet clothes, I find it really gross. So sitting there in beer-soaked jeans was not fun. I think our waitress was mighty embarrassed, because she sure didn't check in on us as frequently after that. I was disappointed that she offered to either take the beer off the tab or bring me a new one, but not both. If it were any other restaurant, one that wasn't notorious for their bad service, I would have been more demanding of being compensated for my discomfort--I mean, it was almost a whole pint she spilled, and we were barely into our meal. In the end, we still tipped her (it happens to everyone, you know?) and my jeans were dry enough to not be disturbingly wet looking as we left. But in the cold night air, woo, not fun.

As we finished our meal, Makal checked when the bus was coming and remarked that we had to leave then, for the bus was coming in about 8 minutes. It didn't take long to pay, and the bus stop was pretty close so we were making good time. Then as we were rounding the corner of the building, we saw the bus--our bus, which wasn't scheduled for another 5 minutes--pulling away from the stop. Blargh. So we decided to catch a bus to the mall, maybe look at shoes for me or video games. Once we got to the mall, we had about 40 minutes before the last bus to our place left. I looked around Hot Topic a bit, and we wandered off to a shoe store. Makal had, for those of you who don't remember, wanted to buy me a pair of red patent leather shoes for my birthday, a plan which was slightly derailed by his breaking his ankle. The store had only one pair of red heels that really suited me, a classic pump, but luck had it that they were 50% off! It was about then that we realized that we had to leave to catch the bus, and halfway to the bus stop that we realized that I didn't have any change for bus fair. Basically, that translated into us needing a taxi home, as we would not have been able to get change and catch the bus, so we went back to the shoe store. The heels fit fine and we bought then. (I know, not a very exciting story, but hey, now I've got a pair of hawt red patent leather shoes!)

I think that about covers everything that I've been wanting to mention from the past week. Obviously, not a lot has been up. I'm feeling the April deadline looming and it's making me quite nervous; we'll just have to see how things go. Either way, the teaser site will probably be going up sometime this weekend. You guys will be the first to know! :D

Mmm, cran-vodkatini. :-9

Update: I've no idea why comments aren't working on this post. At least I fixed the line height issues... o.O

No comments:

 

scientology.org

xenu.net