I am cold and half naked, as I have been for several hours (naked, that is). See, I was fully intending to do a quick little shoot before heading out to meet Makal after he gets off from work, and 5 minutes in the camera dies. Serves me right for not charging the spares when *they* died. Argh, I love it when I'm smart like that.
Here's a question for ya: I did a shoot last week that was me at my computer, wearing and then stripping off a Blogger hoodie (complete with Google logo on the sleeve). Now, that is someone else's trademark. Not just "someone else", but it belongs to Google of all corporations. I mean, Google doesn't even like it when their technology has become so mainstay and integrated into the daily lives of millions of users that it enters the lexicon of several languages and is transferred to verb status... because every time someone says that they're going to "google" something that is totally not free advertising and is misuse of a trademark... /grumble. Anyway, pending all that, I can't decide if I could legally post a photo set of me in said Blogger hoodie in my members area. I mean, would that mean I was using their property for my own commercial benefits? At this point I'm not even sure if I could post it as a free set, since it would be marketing towards my own business. Not that I don't support Google and Blogger anyway--I mean, isn't that how I got the hoodie in the first place? I'll have to think about it for a bit. Maybe this shoot will resurface in 30 years as the "long lost Merrick Monroe Blogger hoodie photos". Heh.
In other business-related news, we are officially a registered business. Yay for being able to register things like assumed business name licenses online! And for those of you who don't check the update log on the bottom of the teaser page for new developments... there's a forum. And you should sign up, because it'll be totally bangin' and swingin' and... hoppin' (hmm, my slang seems to be traveling back in time...). Yeah okay, there's a Members Only area that comprises the bulk of the board, but there's still fun and engaging areas for non members to post for free! And we love free stuff!
Okay, guess I should finally put some freakin' pants on. Brr.

No comments:
Post a Comment