Friday, March 30

It's March 30th aaaand...

...still no website. And from the sounds of it, there won't be for a few more days. *le sigh* But, I don't want to list everything that's not been done, nor everything that's coming up that's keeping me from working (except mc chris on Saturday! w00t!). Yet I do feel like there's so much that hasn't happened, and it's really exasperating. I don't know how to make things happen faster, as I only have so much time in the day. I don't want to just sit on the computer all day, eat dinner once Makal gets home from work, then go back to working all night. I need to be able to stop and watch bad movie adaptations of excellent Isaac Asimov books. I need backrubs. But damn if I don't feel like all the work I've been putting in to the behind the scenes stuff is for naught.

Of course, I didn't go into this thinking it would be easy work. Part of what I like about maintaining a website--any website--is that it is work, and work that I'm pretty good at (honestly, who doesn't get off on being a forum admin? ;). Perhaps I didn't put in enough serious work until too late; perhaps I should have had different priorities in what I did work on. Yet at the same time none of that matters, because it all still needs to be done. Does the order really matter?

I wish there was another week before the start of April. Then again, it's not like the website itself says "April 1st"; it says "April". That could mean April 31st, for all people know (that would be mean and deceptive, methinks). So, I'm going to be eating into the first week of April, still working. At least when the site is released, it's going to be as damn near to perfect as I can manage.

Anyway, the cats are all staring at me in hunger, and we have no kitty food. So it's off to the store with me. I'm not getting much work done today anyway because it's a short day at home, with a doctor's appointment regarding Makal's ankle (he's doing fine, btw) in the afternoon. Oy, my head hurts. Must resist urge to feel sorry about self. :P You can bet that I'll be listening to lots of happy Jpop to keep my spirits up today...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yay, Jpop to the rescue! I must say my DDR track library got me through the insane week it took to get DD's new design done. Crazy times require crazy music.

 

scientology.org

xenu.net