And what the hell am I doing? It's been a business week since I last posted, and here I am thinking I was all back on the blogging waggon. What's up with that?
Not that I haven't had things to post about, thoughts on this and that, photos, etc. I mean, I didn't even post on Halloween. That's some vicious form of blasphemy for me, right there! Oh to have all the free time in the world. But alas, I do not. My free time has gone the way of the daily schedule. Makal's been plotting out all my time while he's at work, so as to make sure I get all my chores and work done, while simultaneously scheduling in free time as well. It's been nice, because I don't feel as horribly distracted by teh internets, and I know that things are getting done regularly and in a timely manner. But this also means that I've lost a lot of free time, especially with working regular hours again. So a lot of my reading has gone the way of the... umm, the first generation gaming console (yeah, yeah that's a good analogy!). I keep up on my favourite blogs, my LJ friends, and the sexy blogs, but rarely check in with BoinBoing or Lifehacker, etc. They just update *so* frequently, with such link-heavy posts, that one blog entry can have me sidetracked for an hour as I read it, related links, comments, search for the item, download something, install, try it out, fiddle with it, then put it aside for when I have more time. It's ironic that my attempts to be more productive simultaneously limit my reading of productivity blogs.
So, Tuesday was Halloween. That was good, I like Halloween. I spent my camwhore portion of the day dressed as a kitty. But it would appear that all the horny dads and husbands were out trick-or-treating and getting drunk at parties, because no one decided to treat this kitty with any cream. Sadness for me, but oh wells. We didn't get any trick or treaters either, despite our having bought two bags of fun size candies for 'em. More for us. ;) I talked to my mom on the phone for a bit (a long bit), Makal made a tasty miso dinner, and we turned the lights out and watched "Dark Water" with candles about the room. The was mildly dissapointing, as we were really expecting more from it--more suspense, more jumps, more thrills. But we both picked up on the plot's foreshadowing so easily that there wasn't much satisfaction in the end. Pretty much just, "Oh, yeah, I totally thought that." But it was still nice to cuddle on the couch, and it was still the awesomeness that is Halloween. Oh, and we ate toasted pumpkin seeds. Delicious, garlic-onion-salted-buttered pumpkin seeds. Mmmm.
Then last night we watched "High Tension", which did contain a much higher amount of tension when compared to "Dark Water". ;) We had to watch the original French version, because I really can't stand dubbing in foreign stuff anymore. Makal already knew the twist at the end, but when it came about I wasn't too surprised either. There's not much I can say about this movie without spoiling it. When we rented it, the guy at the video store said that he saw it in theater with some friends, and afterwards, they all stood outside smoking, going "Yeah, I... I don't know what to think about that." I want to watch it again and try to find more of the clues, to interpret what's happening differently. I guess that's what happens when you repress emotions, eh? Tomboys always look so hot weilding large power tools and improv weapons (especially when bloodified). ^_^
Anywho, I'm to be off doing dishes and cleaning up the office a bit.
Thursday, November 2
Where the Hell Am I?
Posted by
M. Here
at
9:56 AM

1 comment:
Damn. I don't watch movies and people always review movies that sound like I'd like them.
Post a Comment