Wednesday, November 22

*Gobble*Gobble*

I always get nervous when timing is important. Something could go wrong, something could be delayed, and it would through everything off. So you can imagine that today, with my schedule, I am doing my very best to remain calm.

8:45 - clean the house
9:45 - shower
10:45 - start packing; free time
1:20 - get dressed to go
1:50 - tend to cats; free time
2:56 - catch the bus

Yep, we're going away for the weekend; it's the first time we'll be staying overnight somewhere outside our apartment since we moved. Makal said that the kitties are going to think christmas has come early--I thought he meant because they'd have the apartment to themselves for the weekend, but he actually meant that they'd be getting a weekend's worth of food before I leave. They'll also be getting a weekend's worth of clean litter box; the little buggers better maximize on that too.

I know there's a few chunks of free time in that schedule, pending my timing on other activities, but still. I'll be using that freetime for checking over what I've packed, fiddling in iTunes, and burning a few CDs for me mum. And I want to get a few more batteries for my camera, which I can do at the convenience mart.

We'll be taking the train down to Eugene tonight, which will be Makal's first ride on a train. Woo! I think they're pretty nifty, having been on both a modern train (traveling from Eugene to Seattle) and a really old train with no seats (traveling to some mountaintop village in Switzerland). The latter was far more disconcerting, so I'm glad that Amtrak uses modern trains. Heh, but still, it's *Amtrak*; I still remember all that shite that was going on with them years ago. But blaaah. I won't go into ranting about "what ifs" and "coulds" here. ;) (Nah, I'm kidding; I'm not afraid of no stinkin' train!)

So, Wednesday night is with Makal's parents, as is the first dinner on Thursday (gobble gobble). Then we head to my mom's for the second dinner, which will be augmented by two yip yapping puppy dawgs, and stay the night there. The next morning it's up bright and early for sales shopping (woo! I'm gonna remember to wear christmas socks this year*), and after we drop my mom off at her work we'll have the car for the day. Don't know where things will go after that, as it's really all we have planned. We'll be stopping by the Holiday Market which--given the amount of people that Makal and I know separate from eachother--will probably take most of a day, and we'll probably go back a few times with parents.

So yeah, it's gonna be an action packed weekend. It'll be good though; I'm actually really looking forward to it. Not living with your parents for the first time is one thing (and it's spectacular), but living two hours away feels different. Not bad or even that sad, but different. So it'll be good to see everyone, and do some good hanging out. Now if you'll excuse me, it's time for my shower. ;)

*My mom and I started a tradition of wearing christmas socks when we go after-Thanksgiving day sale-shopping when I was, oh, probably around 14. Then we'd buy a new pair of christmas socks that day, and wear them to the next year's sales. I have a lot of christmas socks because of this. There's been a few years where we slacked, including last year that I plain forgot. But now I'll remember to pack a pair for Friday morn. :)

Completely Unrelated Sidenote: I'm pretty sure that whenever I get around to buying my own gaming dice, I'm gonna end up like the chick in this Geebas on Parade strip. Oh, the shame. ("but, sparklies...")

No comments:

 

scientology.org

xenu.net