Tuesday, November 21

What I'm Watching

And suddenly it's Tuesday, and I've not posted in 4 days! Or is it 5? ...

I keep wanting to blog, post little bits about this and that. Except I know that I want to write more content than just "here's this thing I found/here's some music I like/this is what I'm watching". And so I don't post because I feel like I don't have any "real" content, or that finding some would take more time than I have available. It's kinda like ZeFrank's "brain crack" concept (the show with zefrank: 07-11-06).In the end I've done nothing but think, when it can actually be pretty fun to talk. So here's some talking.


---
Full Metal Panic!

It's got fan shots, military mumbo jumbo, giant robot things, and cute soft spoken chicks with Rupunzel Syndrome. And of course, every one is tossed together in a hilarious unexpected situation, bad first impressions are made, and then we're on with the secret government organizations and scientific tests on the cutest girl in school. And there's robot things! Okay okay, they're Arm Slaves, and they're not robots. Geez.

---
Nana

Punk Nana meets Preppy Nana on a train, and somehow Punk Nana manages to sit through what is probably several hours of Preppy Nana talking. They part, and coincidentally meet while apartment hunting. The two end up living together, recounting tales of their past year and how (or why) they came to be there in Tokyo. The animation is beautiful and Anna Tsuchiya lends her voice as Punk Nana. :D It all makes me wish I was an awesome dark gothy punk chick with the ability to sing...

---
Death Note

Yes, another anime, I know. But it's gewd! It all starts when star student Light Yagami picks up an inconspicuous notebook in the school yard, and suddenly realizes its potential. Guided (or not) by the death god Ryuk, he sets off to recreate the world and lead people to peace through fear. This is, by far, the most rawking anime you will ever see about writing in a freaking notebook. Plus there's lots of witty banter and intelligent twists as Light battles the nation's top detective, L.

1 comment:

Makal said...

I cackle nearly constantly as we watch Death Note. How I love that anime.

However, I have to say that FMP! has not fully grabbed my interest. Perhaps it will finally bloom into an interesting/weird plot. High School drama is not terribly fascinating, even if the guy has a handgun. I still have my hopes tho...

 

scientology.org

xenu.net