So, the results are finally in for the "color" theme week of GloRoMo (I've been checking several times a day since Tuesday). And we won! Specifically, my ass won. And more specifically, we tied with Crowcat's beautiful rope corset. Here's a quote from Graydancer's post announcing the winners:
The judges literally couldn't make up their minds, and I did what any good leader would do--I passed the buck, calling up Monk and asking him which one he thought should win.So. Glee! :D First off, another thanks to Graydancer for hosting and pushing the event--I think it's a fabulous way to raise "rope awareness" and get people out there playing with string*. ;) Second, thank you to Monk, who's final say (to award two of this week's entries with the $25 gift certificates to Twisted Monk) was very generous of him! And thanks (and kisses) again to Makal, who was my fabulous photographer. He doesn't really feel like he did much, but seriously, have you ever tried to take a picture of your own ass? It's freaking hard, that's what it is. ;D
Monk, in his infinite generous wisdom, declared: "They're both hot! It's a tie! They both win!"
Hehe, I'm so excited! I want to save the $25 certificate, in hope of combining it with perhaps another award from the event, yet on the other hand I want to get rope now so that we could have more than 60 ft. of rope per tie to submit for GloRoMo. Hmm...
This week's GloRoMo theme challenge is "rake". And Graydancer confirms that yes, he means garden rake, and "not some esoteric Asian knot that you don't know about". That'd be cool though. ;) Update, 5 minutes later: I'm suddenly very aware of the mass amount of golden leaves coating the entire courtyard area of our apartments...
Btw, here's the link to my original post on the "color" photo shoot: "I Don't *Do* Color"
*One of our cats, the Amazon Moon Princess, loves to play with string. It's insane; she'll carry a string around by the "human" end, then when it's in a straight line sit at the "cat" end and mew like there's no tomorrow. The other day I thought maybe she was hurt, having got her tail caught in the space heater or something. But no, she just really wanted to play with the string. So it's really really frustrating to her when Makal and I are playing with "string" (really loooong, 8mm thick red hemp string) but won't play with her. She just sits there and stares, which is frankly a little unnerving.

2 comments:
Your ass is premium, there is no doubt about that. Very friendly and photogenic too.
Mmm, well if we overnight ship (if it is offered), and we use some of the toy budget... *schemes*
*cackles*
you have a toy budget? hee hee
I voted!
Post a Comment