Man, there are so many things I'm wanting to talk/post about, but still I don't have much time to do so.
It's not stopped raining here in a week, at the least. Makal gets home in the dark evenings and is soaking wet, having stood all emo-style in the rain at his bus stop. I keep telling him he needs something with stripes to wear, since he has no hair to style over one half of his face.
We were going to go to the Japanese Gardens on Sunday. As we headed to the bus stop, we debated whether it'd really be that much fun to pay $16 to walk around in an open garden under heavy rain. Thinking we'd see how the weather was downtown, we just barely caught the bus and were on our way. Then Makal realized he'd left the bus directions on the coffee table. So, we just weren't meant to go on Sunday. ;) We ended up wandering around downtown--it was still raining, but it was free and there was lots to see. I was armed with my camera once again, and took a bunch of random photos. Chinatown itself was pretty dead, between it being Sunday and raining. When we started getting Makal chose a restaurant to eat at (The Golden Horse, I believe it was called) based on how many asian people were inside (thinking about this, it really is an excellent way to find good ethnic cuisine) and we stuffed our bellies full of delicious foods. Omg they were good (and spicy)! I took the picture on the left about a block from the main entrance (but that's not where we ate).
On Saturday, we watched Rob Zombie's two movies, House of 1000 Corpses and The Devils Rejects, back to back. I'd seen the first in theaters and several times after that, yet somehow I was still thinking it was a really creepy and tense movie. It is, but not so much with lights on and candles burning. Makal wasn't much phased by it, and I managed to jump at least twice (damn loud noises!). The latter was more of a "movie" movie, and it was nice to see it not having so much of the gore/shock value of the first. Though I'm sure if he'd done that, people would've thought him a one trick dog. I was kind of dissapointed that Baby stopped being so creepily innocent sounding/acting--okay so mainly I missed that manic giggle. Perhaps Sheri Moon's marrying Rob Zombie in the interrim between the two films made her character grow up a bit? ;)
Tuesday, November 7
Rain, Rain, Come to Stay
Posted by
M. Here
at
9:21 AM

No comments:
Post a Comment