Saturday, November 25

Not Over Yet

My oh my. Today is Saturday, and as is evidenced by Makal passing out and napping in front of his parents' fireplace, we are tired. It's been a busy several days for us, pretty much since I left the apartment with suitcase and bag in hand, meeting him at work and bussing to the train station from there. We've been getting up early (extra early on one day) but going to bed around a normal time--okay, maybe a little later. Overall, we're tuckered out, but happy.

Friday morning Makal and I went out shopping. I was expecting to go with my mom, but given her work schedule, and that she didn't want anything that was on sale, she had us drop her off early and we made it to our first store just as it was opening. While we didn't necessarily get *everything* on our list, we got some really good things. We got: •420 thread count "midnight purple" sateen sheet set, •PS2 games Okami and Gun, •nice leather coat for Makal, •a deep 11" fry pan, •two tshirts for Makal, •rechargeable batteries for my camera, and that's about it. Assorted food meals too, but that's not necessarily "Black Friday" fair. At the end of the day, the only thing on our list we didn't get was an external hard drive. We need one to hold all the television and movies I've been downloading, maybe backup our music libraries, etc. There was one on sale, a 400 gb drive for $100, and that was pretty much gone as soon as the store opened. There was another for a good price, but again, gone gone gone. So that purchase just wasn't meant to be this season. That's fine, it was nothing we *need* (pfft, like we really needed 420TC sateen sheets...) Oh, and I forgot to wear my christmas socks. ;__;

Went and wandered around the Holiday Market too, quickly catching up with a bevvy of friends from when I sold there. It was super nice to see everyone and hear what people are up to. We found yet another "small world" connection between Makal and I: one woman from the market, whom I befriended my first year (2003), was married/divorced and in the SCA with a man who worked under Makal at his previous manager job. Crazy! Just more affirmation that we met exactly when we were suppose to. ^_^ Also got to talk to Gem, who I know I've not mentioned in some time but who I think about constantly. She's been living in Vancouver, just North of us, and is actually moving to Portland itself in January. Joy! She is about the only girl in my more adult years that I've managed to have a stable friendship with, despite that we've not talked in a year. /shrug But she was very keen on the concept of hanging out more, esp. since even with her being in Vancouver it wouldn't take long to meet somewhere central. She has a new boyfriend now, which is very cool for her. But he's the same age as Makal and I, which is really amusing in its way. I could say more on that... buuut... well, I just won't go there right now.

Anywho, we're about to drink beer, smoke, and play Monopoly with Makal's parents. Should be interesting. ;) Then around 9:30 we're meeting up with Dutch, who is also in town for family and barely two blocks away. I've no idea what we'll do for hangouts, but hangout we will. Gah, I'm still sitting by the fire, and fuck I'm warm. The chenille scarf I'm wearing and the beer I'm about to drink is not going to help.

No comments:

 

scientology.org

xenu.net