Monday, November 27

The Holiday in Review

We left town Wednesday and arrived home yesterday. Both Makal and I expected the cats to be all frenzied at our return. But no, not really. They just wanted food and a clean litter box; I reckon the former had been consumed at least a day or two before we got home. Little brats have no sense of control. ;)

When last I posted, it was Saturday night and we were about to begin a game of Monopoly. I ended up being the first one out and Dutch showed up soon after. While he and I sat there talking about music and videos and stuff, I watched Makal wrap up his game. He'd had several *very* close calls that almost put him out, but always made a comeback (eventually). The three of us ran off to the store to buy beer while Makal's parents stuck out the last of the game (I think his dad eventually forfeited or something). We watched Pan's Labyrinth, which is an excellent movie. I think we probably missed out on some of the visual splendor, due to watching it on a laptop, but still. It's very moving and good.

We ended up staying up with Dutch for some time, though those two were much more intoxicated than I was. ;) I think we finally went to bed when he passed out on the couch around 3a, which meant only a few hours of sleep for us. The next morning, Makal was pretty sick, which put a damper on our return train home. Nonetheless, it was a nice ride and we were back home in Portland at 1p. Oh, and when we got a taxi home from the train station, our driver was a young, presumably Russian guy named Vladimir Konstantine. I'm sorry to out you on teh interwebs, Vlad, but you've got a wicked awesome name for a taxi driver!

The rest of the evening was spent cooking, cleaning up, doing laundry, etc. At least, that's what I did. Makal got to sleep and play video games, though to be fair he was pretty awful feeling. When we eventually did crawl in between our new purple sheets, it didn't take long for either of us to fall asleep. We got nearly 9 hours of sleep and we're both still a little tired. :P Hopefully another calm, non-eventful evening will be a good recharge. That, and maybe some soup, or something warm to eat. ;)

This morning when we opened the front door as Makal was leaving for work, we saw that it was snowing. Just a light, soft snow, not sticking on the ground or anything. The flakes got a bit heavier later, the fall a bit harder. But before long, it was back to being rain. Still, cool, we got to see snow. :D I've spent the day editing some of the pics we took (though there aren't many), so if I get around to doing a Flickr account anytime soon, you'll be seeing them.

3 comments:

Makal said...

So nice of Dutch to have movies ready for viewing before they are out. It's nice having pirate friends.

As for being sick... oi. I curse this holiday of gluttony! I'll never again indulge like this.




(I can hear you laughing)

M. Here said...

I laugh because yes, you *will so* indulge like that again. And again.

Makal said...

And again.

Yarr baby.

 

scientology.org

xenu.net