Wednesday, November 8

Logic Would Tell You

Logic would tell you that if you are an office worker who does not take incoming calls before 2pm, and are currently busy with a client at your desk, it is not smart to answer the phone on the first ring. Even moreso, logic would tell you not to get mad at the caller, interrupting them to say that you don't accept calls before 2pm and are busy with a client at your desk, and to finish that--using a tone that says "I can't believe you were dumb enough to call me at this time"--with "thank you, buh byee!" and hang up on your still stammering caller.

Unless, you are an uberbitch. If so, all logic goes out the window, and you are free to lay down your uberwrath on any unsuspecting callers, especially the ones who were never informed about your availability schedule, nor that you currently have a client at your desk. If you have a chance, also interrupt with, "Do ya think ya can do that?" to make sure the caller knows you are vastly superior to them, and much more able to function in social situations than they are.

At least, that's what logic would tell you.

---

Update: So the first time I called back after 2pm, there was no answer so I left a message. The third (or fourth) time I called, around 4pm, I got ahold of her. I need to update my information using this form, she tells me. But I already got that form in the mail and sent it off last month, I reply, and I thought it went through because now I get mail at my new address. She can't do anything without me sending in that form though. So can she mail me a new one, since I don't have one anymore? No, because she can't do anything without the form. (Right. I'm refraining from yelling "Just mail me a fucking new one, my freaking address is right in front of you!")

(Okay, I'll try and play nicer.)

Where is the office located so that I can come in and get a form? Okay, that's great. I have a mandatory meeting on the 15th and if I miss that I'm going to have to start all over again. But why, I ask? That shouldn't apply to me. Oh, because my information says that I need it, so I better bring in some information to prove it or I'll have to start all over again. So what other information do I need to bring in? Hmm, pay stubs, that'll be a problem, I'm not sure how soon I can get a signed letterhead stating my earnings from my employer... So do I need to bring in a copy of my lease agreement? Well yes actually I do need that, as my forms in front of her say I don't have any shelter currently. Is my phone number still the one from Cali, she asks? Umm, no it's Portland now, the one I gave her in the message.

This is going to be *great* working with her. Something tells me that she's lying in her voice mail message when she starts off with, "I am so excited that you called me." I'm wondering just what information got transferred when they switched my case to a new worker. The only thing she seems to have gotten right is my name (though she's probably gonna misspell it at least once)--it's like the rest of the info on my forms was erased blank. I've never even lived in fucking California. /grr

No comments:

 

scientology.org

xenu.net