Saturday, January 29

Creating the "Angry Girl Music" Playlist

If you would like a track list of said playlist, email me. Kidneythieves, Poe, Le Tigre, and more, and more that hasn't been put on yet. w00t.

Now I can add Antiques & Vintage Resale to my resume as well. There is a woman that the shop owner was working with to bring in vintage pieces for display and decoration in the shop. She found neat stuff. She wasn't going to work with the shop owner and the shop, but when she heard there would be a website and that your's truly would be designing it, she decided to sign up. She is new to the antiques trade business. She is highly afraid of competition; I think she forgets that she's competing with dozens of hundreds of people. Mainly, I don't like her. I didn't like her at first because she looks funny; braces on her already oversized teeth, severe underbite but pointy chin. Ponytail on the top of her head. Pants that are either too short for her height or hitched up too high for any age. Trying to be way to young. And now, today, she made my life difficult. I do not want her vintage pieces in the shop anymore. She is not a responsible business person. She may be new, but for cookie's sake, any small business owner should have some sense of the business end, not just what looks pretty.

She brought in several boxes of pieces last week, telling me the shop owner could go through them at her leisure or wait til she returned from her trip. The shop owner and I went through them. She had not given us an inventory, nor marked any prices. We inventoried and priced piece by piece. We set suitable pieces on the floor for display and sale. The shop owner sold pieces, bought pieces. Easy peasy. Then she came back from her trip. Nothing was supposed to be placed out, she hadn't given us an inventory. Well duh, we think, so you were just taking up our back space when we're already stuffed? We were to just wait and step over and around the pretty boxes? We hadn't priced things right; some were less than what she bought them for, and she still wanted to double, sometimes triple (?!?!?!) the retail price. So the next day she brought in the inventory and prices. A week after delivering product.

So I spent today, all day, well, most of my 8 hour day, revising inventory lists. Cross checking, comparing, redoing. There are, of course, discrepencies. There are items on our original inventory that she did not include on her typed inventory. There are items on her inventory that I haven't ever seen. There is a chance of mistaken identity between her description and my comprehension of a piece, but not to that extent. There are huge lapses in logic in dealing with her business-wise. There were huge differences in prices; what of items we sold? It is not our responsibility to cater to her, she laid the responsibility in our hands to sell the items. It's just, it's just... aaaaaaAAAAAaaargh. !!! So not cool. The shop owner isn't sure she wants to do business with her anymore. I am going to put in my one hundred and two cents. This should soon end. For my own sake, for my piece of mind. Her bad business practices have greatly delayed some very important projects for the shop that I am responsible for, but cannot do if I have to walk behind her with a calculator and erasor.

Today was not as fun as yesterday. Obviously.

Must Download: "Girl Anachronism" by The Dresden Dolls. In fact, download these songs too. Buy their cd. Support a very different band. If you hate their music, you should still buy the cd just so you can break it and melt the plastic over a blowtorch and get high off the toxic fumes. Because they still get profit, dumbass. If you love their music, or even just like it, go through their whole website, especially the biographies. These are Very Smart People. They have something going for them.

4 comments:

JeN said...

I looooooooove the Dresden Dolls. When I saw the angry girl playlist, I immediately thought of Girl Anachronism and Coin Operated Boy (that one's my favourite).
As I am an angry bitter girl, perhaps I shall e-mail you for said list..

M. Here said...

LOL JeN, coin-op boy is definitely one of my faves! I hope you've seen the video too; it's way funny. :)

Anonymous said...

Eager, driven, she pushed up to her knees and swung her leg over his hips. But the best fighting they could manage were savage couplings to slake the sexual need. They supported her even when they didnt agree with or understand what she was doing. Rhaes markings stood out on his black skin, almost glowing in the amply lit arena. Hands closed over her shoulders, distantly felt. It was so different, this control. She shook her head. Soon Eyrhaen was whimpering as she sucked on Hyle, riding the rock of his hips. Brevin had called them teasing on more than one occasion. Ive treated you all miserably in the past, because I could, because you let me. You havent said please in ages. She began to gather protection for the bedroom itself. She cant make it easy, can she? Tykirs cock slid deliciously through her hands, the oils from his skin coating her palms. When he slapped her again, she complied, twisting over. I love you too, he murmured, thrusting slowly. Polite isnt a description Ive often heard for you. Irin had been beside herself with the news. I only want to be with you, Nialdlye. Because she could not deny him—deny them—any longer.

Anonymous said...

high quality hentai manga galleries

 

scientology.org

xenu.net