There seems to be this thing about twixters (those zany 20+ year olds shirking responsibility and hanging with their parents etc. etc.) going around on the net right now. Rest assured I am not one of them. I don't live with me mum, and my job kicks ass. Everyone is so jealous of me; you should be too.
What do I do?
Well, my new job is like this: the store opens at 11. I am there until 7, or 9 if it's a fri/sat. I either a)play work on the online store on the computer in the back as I chitter chatter with the women leasing studio/workspace there, or I hang around in the front and chitter chatter with people that come in to shop. I get to listen to cool girl music all day (Bjork, Jem, Portishead, Dido, and more), hang out with cool people (the woman who are cool enough to have their own business and the customers that are cool enough to support them), and dress however the fuck I want. I make $8/hour to be around my friends all day, which occasionally requires lounging on the vintage big gold silk couches and chitter chattering with them. Sometimes it involves going to the restaurant next door for a killer smoothie, or across the street to the best pattiserie in town. And I think the store owner has chosen me as her official hand-holder through the ordeal, as well as her right-hand-(wo)man as far as decisions go. Either way, it's a damn good deal. My friends are so jealous of me. *big evil grin*
But, today is not going to be a calm smooth-flowing day. I have a meeting at 10, I have to go to the employment agency after to officialize my employee status, then back to the store to work on various office things (installing DSL, setting up expensive colour copier/printer/scanner combos, and doing paperwork), meet with another client, hopefully get home before too late, call yet another client. All this, and I don't even have a car. This is my last free day for a while; I have absolutely no free time today. WTF am I doing blogging?! I'm so easily addicted.
JeNJeN has a great post right now about how yummy women are, esp. gals like Angelina Jolie (I think she is hot enough to be part of any straight woman's fantasies, let alone the bi and gay ones!). I had to laugh though, as she said "Yum to the Suicide Girls". This made me laugh because, well, as soon as I find the free time I'll be doing some shoots for them. Depending, I might even preview things here for you, or at least snap a pic to have exclusively here. ;)
Monday, January 17
My Job Is Way Cool
Posted by
M. Here
at
8:18 AM

2 comments:
Oh-so very jealous of you doing a shoot for some Suicide Girls.
I want to be one! I think everybody wants to be one.
And am jealous of your job. Mine consists of being a student so, I pay to work (ha ha).
Oh, I forgot to tell you: new music suggestion = Jakalope. NIN helped produce so they might be of your liking.
Singer, Katie B = HOT HOT HOT
Yay for Canadian music! Oh yeah... : p
Post a Comment