Wednesday, January 26

Oh Please Anything But That

Apparently no extra sleep for me, as I caught sucked into the blogosphere for the hour I was going to sleep. My job doesn't feel like work, except when I'm tired. When I'm tired, everything feels like work. I so hate work. I need to sleep tonight. I need to buy coffee this morning.

It's okay that I'm not sleeping now though, because I need to print some stuff for people. Some class options for the friend I'll be taking dance classes with. Some possible store fixtures for the shop owner to look over.

Oh, and yesterday I saw the computer I'll be working on. I didn't turn the computer on, but... I didn't want to. I mean, it's... ew. When I heard he built the computer, I was thinking it would look fairly modern for the ever-changing world of computers. But... it doesn't. It looks like a fairly old computer, mid-90's perhaps. The gray plastic pc case and monitor (and keyboard, and mouse...) has aged and yellowed and become sticky with disuse and dust. I hate sticky yellow computers. The monitor is a traditional monitor with the curved screen, not a CRT or flatscreen. The mouse has only two buttons. The keyboard looks like the rest of the computer, with the addition of the dude's kids having used it frequently (kids and keyboards do not mix). Oh, and the cd-rw drive he recently installed? I was thinking he opened up his computer to insert the new drive. But... no. It's a desktop cd burner that connects to the pc with a 10 foot cord (why does it need to be so long?!). I didn't even look to see if this monster has any USB ports. If it doesn't, we're so screwed. If it does, well, I doubt they are 2.0. How does she expect me to work on this thing? Or to connect all the equipment to it? Even the DSL modem? I can't... I mean... it's just so... oh my.

Yes, I am such a technologically snooty spoiled brat. Because being able to say that my computer is better than yours is important to me.

No comments:

 

scientology.org

xenu.net