Monday, January 10

This Ain't No Feline Musical

I have been plotting a post about something or other, but I stumbled across some things a few minutes ago that have totally changed my train of thought.

This is not my first blog. If it ends it will not be my last. My previous blog, which ran about two years, was during my vanilla time of late highschool and into college. There came a time when I had to pull the plug, although reluctantly, and so I saved every bit of file, folder, and graphic should the opportunity arise to resurrect my baby. It never did. But like a scrapbook created with acid-free glues, papers, and inks, the pieces of it lived on. And I just found them.

I've known they were there all along, in a folder hidden in a folder hidden in a folder so that the path to get there was complicated and too mundane for the average "let's see what we can find" snoop. As such, I never opened the folder for myself, because I had no reason to. Until a bit ago, when I wanted to add an image to this page and realized that it was already on my hard drive--in the old blog's folder. And so I entered.

These memories were not the textual archives but the graphics I had used. The main graphic featured in the layout. Awards the blog had received. Photos of work from an art class I was taking. Pictures of things like puffin socks and pink Dolly Pardon records and the gargoyle in my fishtank--now meaningless to all but me, who remembers the reason for the pictures. One photo particularly called out to me, in its raspy unused voice, saying "Remember me? Remember doing this? You still have all the pieces, you still have the want to see me in action. And you can, but it will take some work..."

A lot in my life has changed in the past year, but some things hold true. I think my evening will be spent working towards bringing back a bit of my past and forcing it again into reality, because that's where I need it to be. Memories are good inspiration; thank goodness I was odd enough to record them.

No comments:

 

scientology.org

xenu.net