Merrick: "So, my friend at the store was asking me when I'm going to learn how to drive..."
Housemate #1: "Yeah, I've been wondering that myself!"
Me: "I don't want to drive. I just don't."
#1: "Okay so you're just going to take the bus everywhere your whole life?"
Me: "No, I'll pay people to drive me around. No wait--I won't pay them, I'll get them to do it for free."
#1: *crickets*
...
I can just imagine what a Prissy Bitch Housemate #1 must have thought I was, being conceited enough to state that One Day I will be important enough to not even need to know how to drive. And in that conceit to be insinuating at the same time that I will be that important before he will, which I'm sure he considered an insult to his musicianship and talent. I consider it that I have a head start, being almost two years older than him (shy one month). And I wanted to say that to him, Hey, think about this past year and how much you've accomplished and grown in your skills--then think where you'll be in two years when you're about to turn 21. It can only go up. Then I had to turn that thought around: where will I be in two years when I'm about to turn 23? Fuck, where will I be when I'm almost 22? Because considering the past year, well, it can only go up. This considering some of the leaps I've made business-wise.
The things I've done to earn money, be it sole-proprieter or paid employee, have introduced me to some very amazing people, some of surely the most amazing people I will meet in my life. And considering the growth I have emotionally/mentally(/spiritually?) gone through, well...! The former has led me to the latter, no doubt. And so I'm very excited to see where it all goes to. I can just imagine some ultimately chic technology savvy sexed up fetish kitten on the prowl. If the sayings are right and visualization is the key to success, well, then that should be me! :P But ya, maybe I'm just conceited? No, just focused.
Monday, January 17
Of the Future
Posted by
M. Here
at
10:19 PM

No comments:
Post a Comment