Sometimes I feel like my whole life revolves around the hour of 4:00p. I have lived with Housemate #1 for 7 or 8 months now, and because of this my schedule has become intertwined with his. 4:00p is when he gets out from work. I don't know why I force myself to acknowledge this hour, but I do. I measure my free time in how many hours I have before 4:00p. After that is my social time, even if I don't want to be social. That is when I force myself to go downstairs (which generally means getting dressed for the first time that day) and talk to people who are not online. Many nights I would rather be in a chat room than my living room. But it isn't that easy, and I have obligations to fulfill. Besides, if I didn't go down there, he'd come up here, it's innevitable. But when that happens I feel invaded, so I go downstairs. At 4:00p.
It is now 3:10p. I have 50 minutes.
How will I use them? Not long enough to get into any good chatting with my Luvvy, as He rarely gets home much before Housemate #1. And how to I explain to Him my feelings of obligation towards this other person? More often my evening thoughts stray to this place upstairs and how I can get back here, what rational reasons I can find. And when I need to I find them I do. Tonight's reason has yet to be determined, although there are a few finalists. Needless to say, I shall return. But if I had my druthers about it, I'd never leave.
45 minutes.
Monday, January 10
Timing
Posted by
M. Here
at
3:03 PM

No comments:
Post a Comment