And so it is the new year (yay!), and people are rejoicing and hang over-ing and doing a general amount of average and abnormal things. In other words, not much has changed. Maybe a few extra folk with hang overs, but nonetheless. And so it is 2005 (this is the first time I have typed or written the year) and I am very anticipatory to see where it shall take me. Where I will make it take me. Where I will go.
2004. Not a very eventful year for me, but one of the most dramatic and life-changing I will probably see in my time. I moved into my first apartment, shared it with Housemate #1, and did a jolly lot of fucking, screwing, banging, and sex-having with him. I actively sought out a job (at an optometry office) for the purpose of gaining money with which to sustain myself, lost the job, took a shit-ass job, then quit that and started what I affectionately call camwhoring. My web design business, although lacking in the financial gains, received quite a lot of promotions and networking efforts on the part of me and friends/customers, and so shall see a proserous new year of its own. I did the annual holiday hand-crafted event, all 6 weekends of it; while I did not gain money here either, it was an event that I really welcomed into my life because of the interaction with old friends, new friends, and strangers and because of the atmosphere it lets me play in. Plus I got a shitload of cool handcrafted stuffs from other vendors. *grin* Letsee, what else happened. Oh, my first cell phone, first computer (bought by me for me), first... credit card, vibrator, bed canopy, drug paraphenelia, etc. etc. There were many good things that happened in this year, and have no doubt that I am quite thankful for them.
There were also a bevvy of bad things. Financial issues (no need to expand on that one!), which of course resulted in more financial issues. I discovered that living with people who aren't my mom is also hard. I spaced out of life for a good month or two and things (and people) elsewhere fell to the wayside--a negligence I take full credit for and did not enjoy. Family and friends also had their trials. The guy who is Housemate #2 came to live with us through a long road that started off with him trusting a recovering meth addict, and ended with that "recoverer" getting Housemate #2's then-roommate addicted too and breaking Housemate #2's ankle. Not long after he moved in here, we discovered just how much of a petty grudge meth addicts can carry. But on the upside (I am always the optimist) things seem to have resolved themselves into peaceful ignorance.
But. Now it is 2005 (second time I've typed it!). I will soon be creating plans-of-action for the benefit of my web design business and my jewelry/home decor biz, both of which have a busy month ahead, let alone year. I have been asked to a new retail job that will be very fun and invigorating. And Who Knows What Else will happen! That is the exciting part of any "new" thing, be it year, month, week, day, job, school, house, friendship, romance, new anything. And I welcome that unexpectability into my goals for the new year. :)
And as such, Here Be the ever-cliche self-unfulfilling prophetical list that are my resolutions. But I like to think of them more as goals. Cuz, yaknow, I'm not going to stop trying to achieve/fulfill them when February 1 comes rolling in.
1. The Financial Mire. Work myself out of it--paying bills on time will help here, as will paying them period.
2. Work Damnit. To speed Goal #1 on its way, I have created Goal #2. It should be rather self-explanatory, but let me embellish. I want to work at least 25 hours a week on the camwhoring, a possible 30 hours +/- at the retail store, and then factor in however much time the other businesses need of that week as well. This goal is directed more at the "paycheck" jobs though.
3. Clean Up This Shit. I am not an organizational person, although I like to organize. If I can do laundry weekly, things are good. If I can put that laundry away, better. And if I can figure out what to do with the rest of my stuff? Best. This is going towards household chores too though, so don't let me forget.
4. Don't Forget Me. I do have a tendency to neglect myself. Not necessarily emotionally (although I can have a habit of not keeping myself in check) but at least physically. It's not that I don't excercise, I just don't excercise. (What?! Sex is aerobic!)
5. Bring in the Virgins. Okay, well maybe I don't want actual virgins. But there's a lot of stuff out there I haven't done yet. Yes, Sexual stuff. Stuff that I know I want to do--nay, need to do. Sexuality has become a huge part of my life and it's only going to get bigger. I'm okay with that. I'm okay if my sexuality and sex life go over what some would consider the deep end. Because I'm a damn good swimmer, and I love deep waters.
6. Truth be Told. This is almost the same as Don't Forget Me, only with an eye for those around me. I need to not obligate myself to do things I don't really have to do if I don't want to. I need to make sure those around me know what I'm thinking and feeling, and that I go about informing them in a respectable way that will hurt/anger/annoy them as little as possible.
7. Rinse, Repeat. Yes, this is quite a list of things I need to do. I know there's more; when is there not more? I've never known a soul to cover all their actual wants/needs in one set of New Year Resolutions. In that respect I am normal, and so I shall keep this list in mind, and return to it as I find the need.
So. There you have it, the resolutions of a girl in a fog. I started writing this post on Sunday, the 2nd, and am ending it Tuesday, the 4th. I also have issues with time management and finishing what I start. Perhaps I'll add that to my list of goals as the need to improve it grows. For now, the above seven will do. Mainly because I am sitting here, wrapped in a blanket, in front of my space heater, my fluffy cat in my lap, and I have the oddest feeling of queesiness and up-chuck-iness, and I think I will take a quick shower before my day begins. And today, mark my pixelated words, is the day in January where I become busy with A Life. Just you wait and see.

No comments:
Post a Comment