So. Today did not go as expected. I got out the door late. The bus on the way downtown got stuck behind a big semi trying to back into a loading dock (takes forever). I got to the store at 10:30, and while the meeting was supposed to end at 11 when the store opened, the store didn't really "open" open, and we were all still there talking and thinking up new questions come 12. At about 12:30 another gal and I went to the employment agency we're working through to officialize our positions at the store. We got back to the store at about 1:30, and while I hadn't planned on working today, I was needed, so I worked til 5, and got home around 6. Right now Housemate #1 and Drummer and out getting some green, and I shall spend the evening doing nothing (par usual) in preparation for tomorrow.
As for the other stuff I'd planned for the day, well, it just worked out via a few short phone conversations.
One of the things discussed in the meeting this morning was the computer issue. The gal I went to the agency with was going to loan a computer to the store--until her boyfriend got her freaked out that *all* these people are going to be using it and wearing it threadbare or something. Not so, but he panics easily and stands in her way a lot. So she's now very hesitant about bringing in her personal PC. And so the owner said, well, she and her sugar daddy could just buy *me* a laptop, and I could buy it back from them over time. So then, it'd be my computer/responsibility, but mainly for in-store use should others need it. Heck, I'll be there almost all the time, so if anyone needs to use it I'll either end up doing it for them or at least be able to work with them. Anyway, now I'm just ranting. I think I might just be excited about this. ;)
Monday, January 17
My Job Is Way Cool, Part II
Posted by
M. Here
at
7:21 PM

No comments:
Post a Comment