As I told myself I should keep better track of, I am now in the midst of plannign a manicure for the morning. Except my answer to the most basic question of a manicure--what colour?--continues to elude me. I'm in a girly nailpolish phase, probably due to working in a girly shop with pinks, browns, and warm metallics as the colour scheme. I have no brown polish, plus that would be icky. I have soft girly pink, but I painted my nails that pink last time. I could also go with a Christian Dior manicure set I have, a clear coat with a pearly metallic white powder to dust on.
Okay, so I just spent a minute at my drawer of nail polish (yes, a full drawer) and discovered that I do indeed have a brown polish, and I would give myself a brown with pink manicure if my nails are longer. But one colour should suffice for the day. I'm feeling the metallics. Gold? Bronze? Copper? Silver? I spied a very old bottle of grape-scented purple polish with glitter, but it is too old and the polish seperated. My nail polish collection is so outdated; the last time I bought a new colour was at least a year ago. Time to go cosmetics shopping!
So I think I'll go with a colour called "Aries", a translucent shimerring bronzey colour. Yes, nail colour IS that important to me. Pick the wrong colour and you risk limiting your wardrobe and having to change colours frequently (because let's face it, not every outfit I own would have gone with the purple glitter polish!); the right colour leaves your nails neutral to any combo of outfits while leaving you prim and proper looking. Not that I'm a fashion-holic... <⁄end girl tangent>
Download must: "Imagine" by A Perfect Circle. The song is already beautiful, but this version adds the slight rock edge to it, and gawd is his voice pretty. Not a song to fuck to, nor can you really get your groove on to it for an energetic workout or the like. But it's a good "zone out on the soul of the music" song. :)
Extended: Note to self (and others): Do not put lotion on and then try to open bottle of nail polish. It does not work.
Tuesday, January 25
See Jane Paint Her Nails; Paint, Jane, Paint!
Posted by
M. Here
at
8:18 AM

2 comments:
I have to agree with you on Imagine by APC ... impressive cover, just in time for these days.
I'll be having the ol' nail polish debate on Thursday. Haven't painted my nails since maybe May. I think it's time.
I really want to make them hot pink... but my winter coat is red. Why is picking a colour so damn hard? I struggle with picking hair dye too.
Post a Comment