Thursday, January 6

For the Want of a Better Life

In the Family Circle issue from Nov. 9, 2004 I found the following list by Anthony Robbins; supposedly a list of questions that "can spur you toward a happier and more fulfilling life." I have no idea who this Robbins fellow is, but I liked his list a lot more than Deepak Chopra's.

  1. In the last six months what new skill, activity or hobby have you tackled with relish and how have you pushed yourself beyond your usual limits?
  2. What have you read, listened to or witnessed that changed your perspective on life?
  3. How have you expanded your social circle beyond your usual peer group?
  4. What have you done recently to help others or contribute to a cause by sharing your skills?
  5. When was the last time you took a vacation and what new place did you find fascinating?
  6. What romantic surprises have you cooked up for your mate?
  7. How have you improved your home environment?
  8. What are you doing to enhance your spiritual life?
  9. What serious challenge have you had recently and what did you learn from it?
  10. What are you doing to strengthen and tone your body or to make yourself healthier and more attractive?


I read through this list with mixed emotions. Some of the questions applied to me, others did not (such as the "romantic mate" bit, as I don't live with anyone with whom to be romantic with). In the past six months though, I began doing web design as a business venture, and am amazed at not only how quickly my list of clientele and future-projects grew but at how much trust people put into my hands. People will accept me as their site designer without even seeing my work--they are lucky that I am not horribly sucky in reality. I haven't read or seen anything life-altering lately, but since we got internet I have been listening to a lot more music of different varieties. And music has a huge impact on anyone's life. My "social circle" was expanded when I returned to a local organization to participate in their Holiday event, reuniting me with friends who had been absent from my life since the previous holiday. Plus, the whole camwhoring thing allowed me to meet a lot of new people, and encouraged me to start exploring my sexuality more (can't go wrong there!), so I've recently become involved with a lot of alternative groups in that respect. And I think those are the only questions I can really answer at this time; as of yet I haven't gotten around to doing anything relevant to the others. Sure, I have plans to reorganize my bedroom and to stretch daily, but I have yet to do either. So this is something I'll have to come back to time to time to check in on, just like my list of resolutions.

No comments:

 

scientology.org

xenu.net