I was on my way out to Star's, not even at the end of the block, when she called me to say that two of the necessary people weren't available for the meeting so we'd have to reschedule. I'm actually rather relieved; I'm certainly not short of things that need to be done around here (although I did start the dishwasher before I left... ::pats self on back::). Moreso, I simply wasn't looking forward to walking that thirty minutes to get downtown to her house. I hadn't even been walking 5 minutes before I realized that my hip was acting incredibly uncouth and causing me a great deal of pain. Egads, I felt like I was about ready to scream, or at least utter a few audible whimpers and curses.
It's true that I have bad joints — my right hip and knee especially, due to a sports injury when I was in 6th grade. (Me? Sports injury? Will the wonders never cease?) And occasionally, when I had a cold night or it's rainy or whatever (and when is it not rainy where I live?), oh boy does it feel like acting up. I've read a few astrology books that said joint problems are a Piscean trait, so perhaps I'm fated to this pain. I swear I have the joints of an 80-year old woman. But then, I realize that an 80-year old woman with a bad hip would have had hip replacement surgery, and so perhaps would have better joints than myself. It's a wonder I've managed to do bellydancing for so long, but dancing's only ever caused sore muscles, not sore joints.
I was glad for my Real breakfast when I got back from my short jaunt down the block and back, because the first thing I did was plop myself down and take a few Aleve. I recall about a month ago when I was having a lot of back pain, and I asked the housemate to grab my (huge, Costco warehouse-size) bottle of Aleve from the bathroom, or at least bring me down a few. He returned, reading the directions on the back of the bottle, and asked me how many I'd taken so far that day. "Umm, let's see. I took two when I got up, one before lunch, two around dinner, and I am about to take two more." He tried to keep me from them upon hearing that, as the bottle says not to exceed three in a 24 hour period. I told him that if I couldn't have the pills, then he should go out and buy me a fucking heating pad, or shut the fuck up. He doesn't mess with my pain relief anymore. ;) (This is a good lesson for all: Do not try to mess with a girl in a great deal of pain, unless of course you are the one causing that pain and she's getting some level of sexual enjoyment out of it!) Advil and Tylenol stopped affecting my system ages ago, and I'm surprised that after this long Aleve still helps. I very much <3 Aleve.
So now that my day is freed up once again, how do I plan on spending it? More web design, more coffee, and a very hot bath.
Friday, June 3
A Hobble Isn't Cousin to a Hobbit
Posted by
M. Here
at
10:06 AM

No comments:
Post a Comment