Monday, June 13

Miscellany Musings

I'm getting more and more hits from people searching for stuff about Scorpios, probably because I keep talking about them. No matter, I like the little poisonous buggers. One of my favourite search terms so far occured today: "Are Scorpios the best fuck of the zodiac?" To be fair, I have no idea. I've played around with Scorpios, Capricorns, Sagittariuses (Sagittariuns?), and who knows what else. But the sheer number of Scorpios I've been involved with far exceeds any other sign, so I couldn't fairly say. However, I am quite interested in learning more. To begin this experiment, I'll need a few volunteers and proof of date of birth...

You know how I mentioned painting my nails earlier? Well actually, it turns out that never happened. It could have, should have, and would have, if I hadn't cut my finger open and started oozing blood while trying to open the damned stuck bottle. Yes, there's a perfectly logical explanation as to just how a bottle of Avon's French Pink nail polish managed to draw blood from my very own finger. However, I will leave that explanation a mystery, as I find it much more amusing to let you all ponder just how talented I must be to be capable of such an act of self-harm. Talented indeed.

For the sake of all geek-kind, I am playing around with gk2gk.com. (That is, I'm using myself as a guineau pig for "quick and easy" geek dating.) I just can't help it — I mean, you never really know, right? As they say when applying for that elusive perfect rental property: put your application in ASAP, because it's easier to turn down the final offer than to forever kick yourself over someone getting there first. Okay, well, maybe "they" don't really say that too often, but still. So. Plus, I'm linking my blog from my profile (this blog!). It took me a bit to decide if I really wanted to do that, as it gives anyone intrigued by my profile a bit of an unfair advantage. They get to read up on me, what I did last Thursday, and how many orgasms I had this morning, and I get to read what their favourite sci-fi show is. But I'm not one for half-ways, and heck, give the guy a fair warning right? Plus he goes into it knowing he'll be held publicly accountable for any misconduct or stupidity. Anyhow, I'll see how this goes and what comes from it. Initial observations would be that the search criteria are fairly limited (What, no bi-geeks get to network? Those are really all my options for movies?) and I don't like the lack of profile pictures. This site's users are supposed to be geeks; you'd think the creators would make the profile pic something comical. "Attach a pic of your action figure collection, or your tricked out comp..." That'd be yummy, getting to see tons of geek comps. Profile pics don't have to be limited to people, do they? My ideal required pic would be of the person's workspace — you can tell a lot about a person by their desk. So yes, I shall report in as things develop.
Update: Hey, my profile's been up not even half a day and I already have a response. Not bad for a site with such limited versatility.

With the PS2 broken, the housemate and I have been playing ExciteBike64. Yeah, the graphics are as good as those screen shots make them look. It's weird being de-evolved to the N64 system; it's not something I played during my childhood and I find it quite ironic to be playing it as an adult. Especially when you consider all those other amazing game systems out there. But those systems cost a buck or two, and that adds up when you seem to keep wearing them down. (But then, we did both have first generation PS2s from the first week of release, and those machines were used near-daily since then...) ExciteBike is actually pretty fun, although the housemate is still kicking my ass, as par usual with racing games. Quote of the night: "I have yet to get the hang of turbo. *screech!* Or steering." This game makes me really nostalgic for Kinetica. On the one hand, Kinetica looks great graphics-wise, handles easily, has fun tricks and let's face it, the chicks are hot in their kinetic suits! But then, ExciteBike has way more tracks, fun alternatives to doing laps, and more kitsch value. So for now, it'll due as an excellent sidetrack in the now-advanced realm of gaming.

No comments:

 

scientology.org

xenu.net