Haha, but not the kind you think! (Sicko! ;) It's a bit after midnight. I am sitting on the floor in what used to be my craft/computer room — it is now just a messy room. But, it still has my computer, the monitor and mouse of which are set up on a low bench/end table, the keyboard in my lap. It's actually a pretty cozy little setup, although I don't think it'd be good for my back during marathon coding sessions, and my legs would probably go numb from sitting cross-legged.
I personally didn't do too much moving today. Thankfully I had big strong men to help with that part. Most of my activities were packing-related. I did a little bit of running around like a chicken with my head cut off, usually about 15 minutes after finishing a cup of coffee; overall it seemed to go decently well. For me, that is; I can't say that the housemate (hmm, what to call him now that I don't live with him...) had too great of a time. An extra amount of rain began to pour down just after he left on his bicycle to head out to the U-Haul place. By the time he got there, he was soaking wet, and the storm had shut down the computer system. So an hour and a half later, he finally got the truck and was back at about 8p, still soaking wet and very frozen feeling. He really split his finger open on some staple sticking out of a piece of furniture and bled profusely all over the moving truck. The first load, all his stuff (lucky bastard), wasn't ready to go 'til about 9p. He had to go to two places to unload stuff, his brother's garage and his new abode. Rather (un)conveniently, the new (to him) apartment is an upstairs one. So he had to do a lot of moving things down to the first floor of this apartment, then up to that apartment on the second floor. Not a lot of fun. Of course, he wasn't handling all this stress and activity well and was being *very* pissy with me, and in front of our friends/his new room mates. Neither of those guys like it when he's mean to me and always call him on it to let him know that he's over-reacting and being rude. (Thank You to them for sticking up for me!) They got back at about 10:30p, and we were out to my mom's by 11:30p. It took very little time to unload there; it's all ground-level and we were just packing stuff in the garage. I'll move it inside another day when there's more time and things are a little more squared away. Then by 12a he and our helper friends were headed over to their place, and my mom brought me back here. I still have a bit of stuff, none of it packed or it would have gone over tonight. So I'll be spending most of tomorrow doing more packing, and the ex-housemate will be coming over to get a few more of his things and clean. Gem offered to help me move a few loads which I may or may not take her up on. Shouldn't be much longer before all my stuff is transitioned — of course, my computer will be the very last thing to go and the very first thing set up. :)
Yep, there go my legs getting all numb feeling. Damn it hurt trying to move them out of that position. Guess that's a sign that I should probably get going. Going on what though, I don't know. It's almost 1a now and I still want to shower and eat a meager dinner (macaroni and cheese!), probably shower while the water boils and blog surf whilst I eat. I can't decide if I'd rather sleep on the couch, wrapped in a blanket, or on the floor in my room with a sleeping bag. ::sigh:: Oh My Goodness what a day this has been. Really crazy feeling. Ew, my nails are dirty. My hands are pretty beat-up looking with lots of scrapes and cuts. Oh damn, now my ass is starting to hurt from sitting with my legs in front of me. Will the torment never end?!?! Yeah alright then, it's definitely time for me to start my closing routine. At least the hardest (and heaviest) parts are over with. Only wish I hadn't packed up all my candles and incense; I could sure use some soothing ambiance right now.
P.S. — Fuck, a good fuck would sure make me feel better about the states of things. Humph. ::pout::
Sunday, June 19
Leg-Numbing Late-Night Fun
Posted by
M. Here
at
12:32 AM

No comments:
Post a Comment