Friday, June 17

Space Monkeys Make Me Happy

Oi vay, my brain is so scattered this morning. And easily distracted. I'm in an excellent mood — I had a fun-though-uneventful evening and, well, I'm just generally pretty chipper. I've got my All Music shuffle going, which is probably not helping me find a constant strain of thought, as I keep changing focus with each different genre. It's hard for a brain to go from heavy female vocals to chanting monks to bluegrass. The post title is taken from the Fight Club soundtrack by the Dust Brothers. Awesome soundtrack to listen to straight through; if you've seen the movie a ton (like me) then you mentally fill in the scene and events during the appropriate music. That's how you know a soundtrack is well done: when listening to it is like watching the movie in your head.

Today needs to be a business focus day. Gem, who is also a client, gave me a ton of things to update on her site. And I'm meeting her at 2p, which means I need to be done with her stuff by 1p so that I have time to get ready and get downtown. But they should be easy updates, stuff like correcting spelling and rephrasing things. So it's mostly text edits — easy-peasy. Now I just need to get to it. Hmm, I think I require more coffee...

Oh, and I'm moving. As in, over the next week. I can't say that I entirely like the situation however. My mentions of secret pink nail polish plans were in regards to finding a house with Star. Her current abode is for sale so she was going to move in with me if we could find the right place. But we never did (although we're still actively looking), and now I need to move somewhere. The unfortunate part is that that "somewhere" is my mom's. ... Need I say more? Not that I don't love my mom, but, you know, it's my mom's. You know. But it is a very temporary thing, hopefully only a month or two until Star and I find the right place or I find a studio of my own. So while I'm back with my mom, I'll be helping get her house ready to sell. Doing yard work, painting, repairs and probably a good deal of cleaning, sorting, and packaging. This isn't a huge deal for me, but still, I think it might be a bit trying of my patience. Plus this means that I won't be able to have any random boys over for the night (*ahem*).

This also means that the housemate will no longer be "the housemate" on account of the not living together anymore. I don't know what that means for what little "us" there is anymore. He's moving in with the other guys from his band, and I know they're all going to end up hating eachother. Or maybe not, maybe it'll be great for them and bring them closer as a band. I'll probably end up over there every once in a while — I mean, I certainly can't get drunk or smoke weed at my mom's house now can I? That would just feel wrong (haha, me and my morals). I'll probably save money not living with him anymore though, because he won't be able to borrow money from me for snacks or gas and never pay me back. I really don't know what this means for our friendship. It's kind of weird feeling, to have my life become so intertwined with his over the past year, to have gone through just so many things together in the years we've known eachother, and now suddenly I'm left wondering if we'll even see eachother once a week. Makes me a little sad. Yet at the same time, I've become a lot more social these past few months and tasted too much independance to feel the need to rely on his company. Overall I think this move will be good for me (as long as I can keep from arguing with my mom on anything).

What else, what else. Oh, yesterday I went and applied for a job assembling jewelry for a regional line. Not an ideal job, certainly not a career path, but one I could do without much thought. And it's a paycheck, yaknow. I can't imagine that I wouldn't get the job — especially considering that I already know how to make jewelry. So I should hear back sometime over the next few days. I also went to a small used clothing shop that takes trade. I brought in a bunch of stuff that I haven't worn in a year and I think the woman took most of it; I ended up with $40 credit. I got a pair of cute light brown shoes, a matching twill knee-length skirt with a kick pleat in the front, and a soft little tanktop with coordinating colours. Overall it's a really adorable outfit; pair it with argyle tights and my thick-rimmed nerdy glasses and I'm back to looking like the secretary the boss is screwing. Definitely one of my favourite dress styles! Plus I just look adorable. ;)

Tonight after Gem and I hang out I'm headed over to Star's for the night. I'm just going to hang out with her and do, well, nothing particular as far as I know. Tomorrow we're going to get dressed up super girly — I'm talking extreme vintage Stepford fashions here — and go to a local outdoor market, as well as do some stuff for her business. It'll be a blast. Hopefully, though, it won't rain on us like the forecasts are saying. It's hard to be excessively perky when one is soaking wet.

2 comments:

Ray said...

Two things:

1. The "American Beauty" soundtrack does that for me in a big way.

2. Potterpotterpotterpotterpotter...if I flip out and go up to the UT tower with a sniper rifle, it's all your fault.

M. Here said...

Hey can it really be my fault? Don't hate the messenger... ;)

 

scientology.org

xenu.net