Tuesday, June 21

Sleepy

I don't recall my alarm going off this morning. I just know I woke up at 9:45a and literally jumped out of my makeshift bed upon realization that I had slept much later than 9a. I scrambled around for a few minutes, pulling on random clothes. Then my mom showed up, 10 minutes early. Arg(!), of course. So I managed to fill the back of her car with my stuff pretty quickly, but it took a lot of that headless chicken style of running around. I was back at the apartment before 11a, and am actually kind of exhausted feeling. I've been on the go a lot these past few days. And sadly, I don't have time to rest. There's always more to clean. Plus I have an appointment at 1p; I called the person and left a message telling her I have a lot on my plate today and asking if we could reschedule to next week. Hopefully I'll hear back from her before I leave to actually go to the appointment.

I can tell already that this transition back to living with my mom is going to be a difficult one. It's going to require a lot of me keeping my mouth shut. We've been loading my stuff into the garage, but yesterday I put a few bags full of clothes in the actual bedroom. This morning she tells me that everything in the garage will have to be washed before it can enter the house, because even those few clothes smell so heavily of dog that after having the bedroom door shut all night, the room absolutely reeks. At least, that's her story. Someone I doubt its as bad as she's trying to make it, considering that most of this stuff was kept upstairs where the dog never set foot. Granted I didn't keep my possessions in a vacuum-sealed biodome, but still. But whatever, I'd planned on washing all my clothes and blankets anyway. If she's expecting me to scrub down my book cases and dressers though... I dun think so. Mainly I think we'll end up having some issues regarding technology. She has always thought certain things about computers and the internet and I can never figure out how she came to these conclusions. She asked me yesterday if I could run "that program" that gets rid of cookies, because she needs to fill out a form online and is uncomfortable doing so because there's "a cookie" on her system and it's spying on her activities and slowing down her computer. There was just so much wrong with her idea of what was occurring on her computer, I didn't know where to start. Then she tries to argue the facts with me when I explain what cookies really are and what they do. Really mom, are you sure? Because we can't trust our nerdy computer-obsessed web designer daughter on matters related to internet technology.

Ack, I better stop while I'm ahead of myself. Man oh man this is going to be interesting. I hope I survive. Tonight the three of us (my computer, my cat, and me) are going over. This should be the last trip we make to move any of my stuff over too. I'm really glad. But then, we haven't gone through any of the food yet; I wonder what to do about all that. ::whine:: Oh I so don't want to go to this appointment today. It's been rather warm here lately, with thunderstorms more frequently than normal. So not only is it hot and humid but it's rainy — awesome weather to move in. (Oh I'm just so bitter sounding today!) Damn, not long before I have to leave; doesn't look like the appointment is going to get rescheduled. Well then I better hussle my booty to get ready and get in a better mood before I head out.

No comments:

 

scientology.org

xenu.net