Luxury is taking a bath, painting your nails, listening to calm instrumentals a lá Rob Dougan, then switching the morning over to focus on the fresh pot of coffee and energizing instrumentals a lá Rob Dougan. ::grin::
(Post Note: Now if only I had a claw-foot tub in which to relax...)
I'm in a... devious mood today. I feel like shaking things up on a creative level. With all the gravitational pull assorted tech-related things have had on me lately, I find myself drawn more and more to put emphasis on the "real" things in life. I'm greatly tempted to expound on something I'm working on — something that could truly be considered a devious project — but for the sake of it remaining a surprise I can't post on it here. (Oh my I'm doing that a fair bit lately aren't I?) One of my neccessary stops today is a fine paper store, I can say that much.
I realized a few days ago that most of the non-bill mail I get anymore is junk mail for porn. The irony of an e-commerce toy site employing paper mail campaigns does not escape me. I don't even get annoying ISP provider CDs in the mail anymore; instead, they're in the top of the fountain drink I buy at the movie theater. Which I could care less about if it weren't for the fact that the two layers of plastic the CD is sandwiched between never stay put and end up being more work than a soda is worth. When will said annoying ISP providers realize that their time is gone, and no one with a mailing address is actually going to be hearing of their services for the first time? I'd like to think that the combined technological intelligence of the nation's populace is beyond that (although I am probably quite naïve in so thinking).
Monday, June 13
Luxury Is...
Posted by
M. Here
at
9:20 AM

No comments:
Post a Comment