Uncle!
Or firetruck, or macaroni, or whatever-the-hell safeword you want to use. I'm spent.
My loverly Catwoman blog template just isn't jivin'. And I don't understand why. Well, I do, but I can't fix it. Somehow, there's an extra bit of code that's getting added into the template upon publishing. It's being inserted as its own div tag, such as after the blogitembody tag, and then closed immediately after. Or it's getting in with pre-existing div tags. I am talking about the CSS property clear:both. As in <div style="clear:both;"></div>. The only way I found it was using the button to the W3 html validation page I had added to the template, because that code bit is turning up as invalid (ner, that's why I didn't put it there fuckers).
This is not something I put *anywhere* in the template; before today I didn't even know it existed (hey, I know I don't know every bit of CSS or XHTML out there). And I don't know how it's getting there, because as far as I know it only started happening recently. The property is making only the blog post body disappear and none of the other page elements; or rather, making the post body not adhere to the CSS I've given it, even if I use embedded CSS in the div tag. But it must be something I have put in the template that is causing its appearance, because as you can see, an unedited (or rather, un-Merrickfied) blog template shows the post body just fine. Ack!
This is causing me all sorts of anger. Evil mean anger that makes me want to break pencils or something. Especially because I'm trying to fix it on my mom's lame-ass computer, not on my baby, so it just feels all weird. And her computer chair sucks ass and is causing me great amounts of back pain, for which I am going to go take great amounts of drugs to relieve. And I'm taking a copy of my published-version site (yay Firefox saving web pages like that!) back to my computer for a long drawn-out process of elimination. It'll go something like this: ctrl+shift+right arrow, ctrl+c, ctrl+x, ctrl+s, alt+tab, F5, scream, alt+tab, down arrow, ctrl+v, down arrow, repeat 100 times. ARGHFUCK. I'm going to be screaming bloody murder by the time I find the culprit, and then I will perform upon it a rigorous session of inverted suspension bondage with abrasive rope and prodigious use of zippers.
Thursday, June 30
The Post In Which Merrick Admits Defeat
Posted by
M. Here
at
4:17 PM

2 comments:
Just breathe...
Haha, Okay right right, breathing now... ;D
Post a Comment