Monday, June 27

A Letter to the Internet

Dear Internet,
Hi. I miss you. Things are so boring without you in front of me throughout the day. I'm sorry we have to have this time apart — trust me, it was not my idea to disallow cable internet installation in favour of this pussy of a 56K connection. But this is not my house (heck, I'm not even on my own computer... oh the deception!) and so I will just have to play by the rules. For now.

You'll be happy to know that I just found a way to combine two of my loves, my USB drive and Firefox, using this lovely little Portable Firefox program. I must say that through you, dear Internet, and open-source projects, my life has become much happier and care-free. So now I'll probably be popping in to see you more often via the security of Firefox (for we and Blogger know how my mother loves to infiltrate my web meanderings). Plus I can still find tons of cool new stuff and take it back to my own computer for later perusing.

Other than that, nothing has changed. Boys are still jerks, as far as I can tell, and the nighttime is still beautiful. I'm still not "working", which means I'm walking less and getting less exercise. However, my computer is set up on the floor, so I guess I'm probably doing a lot more sit-ups, which is good. I'll tell you more about how my move went later. For now, I just wanted you to know that I was thinking about you and all the joys you bring into my life. Really, I'm just not the same without you. My mother tried to tell me I'm addicted to technology, but she just doesn't understand. I know you do, my Internet, and that is why I love you. Talk to you again soon.

Sincerely,
Merrick

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love you too, dear.

Call me when you get back, OK? We'll do lunch.

 

scientology.org

xenu.net